41

This book is ending......

BUT THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL. Any questions, comment below.

Flashback

"I still can't believe you are turning 16," I squealed for the 20th time, Cara just rolling her eyes. "November 15 is like my lucky day. I'm planning your sweet sixteen. Now imagine this..." I said, rolling onto her bed and sitting by her. "A huge white tent in my backyard. All turquoise and peach decorations. A massive golden statue of you at the centre. You enter and I start throwing diamonds everywhere. Then cheesecake. Cheesecake everywhere."

Cara just pushed me playfully, before getting up from the bed and walking to her dressing table, sitting on the chair. "Yeah sure. Definitely cheesecake. And who is going to pay for all this," she asked, spinning around and raising an eyebrow.

My hand made a 'whatever' gesture. "Bro I have like 7 dollars and 89 cent. It will cover it all. Don't you worry."

"Yeah sure it will," Cara huffed, sarcasm evident in her tone. Then she became more serious. "But it's not really 16 I'm looking forward to. Its 17 and 18." I sat up, looking at her cluelessly.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, 17 will be my last year of being a minor. And when I'm 18, I'm a legal adult. Maybe I can't drink but I can finally make my own decisions. But for my 17th birthday, you have to do something special."

"Special?" I laughed, falling back onto her bed. "Like what?"

"I don't know......." she mumbled, "maybe sing?" Her voice went higher towards the end as I sat up, narrowing my eyes.

"No. I am not singing. I sound like a hyena laughing and dying at the same time mixed with the sound of a cat whining."

Cara got up, sitting in front of me with her pleading blue eyes. "Me and you both know that's a cover up for your real voice. Please Ari. No one knows that you can sing really good besides me and Damon. Plus, it will be nice that you reveal your new talent on my birthday."

Now I know how it feels to be on the other side of the puppy eyes.

"Fine. For you."

Cara squealed, hugging me tightly. "Thank you. You make me feel so special."

"Yeah yeah," I brushed off. "Now let's go raid your fridge." We got up, and I glanced at the clock only to see that it was 11:38pm. "Oh shoe."

Hesitantly, I reached for my phone and prepared myself for the worst. I pressed the home button to see this:

49 missed calls from Daniel

53 messages from Daniel

1 missed call from Damon

Well I guess it wasn't THAT bad. I wasn't surprised that Damien hadn't call since he was at work. He had started his training so he left me in the hands of Daniel and Damon. Neither was I surprised by how many times Damon called me.

They told me to be back at 9:30 by uber.

Not my fault I got distracted

"Rain-check on the fridge raid?" Cara just nodded before calling for her little sister Layla whilst I looked for Daniel's contact. Finding it, I pressed it and waited for the yelling.