Chapter 5

Alison came up to the school after only about ten minutes of walking. She made her way onto the school grounds where she found her friends waiting by the fountain. Drake and Jack were seated on the fountain's edge, talking with Veronica who was standing beside them facing Alison as she made her way over.

Drake and Jack were brothers, with Drake being the older of the two. They both had brown hair, and could have passed for Alison's siblings, but they each had brown eyes instead of Alison's luminescent green. Drake was also more built than his younger brother, sporting a bigger chest and bigger arms.

Veronica's black hair was tied back in a pony tail, and her eyes were even darker than the boys. She rolled her eyes at something stupid Jack had said before smiling at Alison as she made her way over.

"Morning Alison." She smiled. "Sleep well?"

"No." Alison answered with a smile of her own.

"Still dream of Exodious?" Jack teased. The brothers never believing that Alison was from the realm of demons, because she couldn't go back.

"Yep." Alison sighed. "Can't forget the girl either."

"You know, you only dream about people you know. This girl might not be from Exodious, but she's still real you two." Veronica rolled her eyes.

"Don't bother trying to convince them. I've been trying for years." Alison smiled.

Veronica went to say something more, but paused looking past Alison where her eyes widened in nervousness. Alison turned seeing Sapphire, walk past them, her eyes burning holes into the young werewolf.

Alison let out a low growl, and Drake and Jack stood up reflexively, joining her in her growl. Drake and Jack were of course werewolves of their own, and after getting their butts handed to them by Alison, gladly accepted her as their Alpha.

Sapphire's eyes glowed, before she blinked and her pupil slit like a snake's before returning to their normal bright blue as the blonde walked past them.

"I hate that girl." Alison growled.

"She has to be a dragon or something right? Do Lizard Men exist in Exodious?" Jack asked looking to Veronica who was the resident demon expert.

"She is a dragon. I tried casting a bad luck charm on her and nothing happened. If anything I gave her good luck!" Veronica explained.

"Don't dragons speak a different language?" Drake questioned.

"Well, you all understand Demon. But yes, she also speaks a version of Old Norse. One that the Old Gods from Exodious taught the humans when they came here."

"You mean the Old Gods are dragons?" Drake questioned.

Veronica shrugged. "I just know that they taught humans the same language as dragons."

Alison sighed deeply. She had never fought a dragon before, and knowing her own luck it wouldn't go her way.

"Not to mention she's really creepy." Drake added.

"I mean, she might just be looking for friends here too you know." Jack offered.

"She has a very weird way of showing if that's the case. If she wanted to make friends she could just ask instead of glaring at us all the time." Alison snarled. "She really pisses me off."

Veronica put a hand on Alison's shoulder, and the werewolf sighed deeply, allowing herself to relax. "There's no reason to pick a fight with her if we don't have to. We just need to prepare ourselves for when she does."