Chapter 30

The couple stayed at the lake for a while, both swimming around and simply laying on the shore with barely any clothing on. They stared up at the bright blue sky and watched the clouds pass over their heads.

"Everything feels... better." Alison noted.

"Hmm?"

"I feel like I can sense and smell from much farther away." Alison explained, turning her head to look at Kira who was watching her, almost knowingly. "Is that weird?"

"This is Exodious, the Realm of Demons. It only makes sense that you would be able to feel that primal power. I wouldn't say you're actually more powerful, but you're sure to sense a few new things. After all, there's less polution here and there's new things for you to smell."

"You think I'm just sensing things I don't reconize because I haven't been here in so long?" Alison raised an eyebrow.

"It's also possible that your senses have gotten better because of the shift back to Exodious. I can't pretend like something like that can't happen."

"Does it work that way with you?"

"I think the polution in your world dulls the senses. Here everything is clean and perfect."

"What about when this world advances into the Golden Age?" Alison asked.

"We've seen what that does to the world, so we shun technology. Certain places allow certain forms of technology like computers and TV's as long as they are powered my magic and not generators. There are no exceptions to this rule, and if you try and break them we make sure you're punished greatly." Kira stretched out on the sand, yawning a bit as she did.

"Are you tired?" Alison questioned.

"As I have previously told you, I am nocturnal" Kira smiled softly.

"But you've been doing a lot during the day with me."

"It hasn't even been a month since I came back. And when I'm not with you I'm sleeping."

"All day and all night?" Alison raised an eyebrow.

"When you're sleeping I'm focused on your dreams." The vampire answered. "But I am trying to switch my schedule to yours."

"I guess I can't complain since you're spending a lot of time with me." The wolf shrugged. "Is there anywhere else we can go? Without getting caught?"

Kira seemed to think about it for a moment before she smiled and sat up. "Get dressed. If we do get caught we don't want it to be naked."

---

"Seriously, can I open my eyes yet?" Alison asked, trying to push Kira's hand off her face.

"Just a few more steps." Kira answered.

"Now?"

"Now." Kira removed her hand and Alison opened her eyes. Her heart must have skipped a few beats as she stared in awe at the house in front of her. The small home was slightly burned, but mostly still intact. Like someone repaired most of it before giving up and leaving it to rot. Though it looked old it wasn't falling apart too badly.

"Kira... Are we?"

"Welcome home Alison."

Alison stepped into the doorway, gently opening it as it wasn't locked, revealing the kitchen she grew up in. The ceiling had crumbled in one corner, but the table and fireplace were almost perfect, if only covered in dust. Alison ran her hand across the table's surface as memories replayed in her head.

Her childhood self running around the table with Kira chasing her, with the biggest of grins on both their faces.

Or the time when Alison got hurt and her mother patched her up with the vampire standing on the other side of the room before running out without another word. Even the conversation they had about how Kira was a vampire, and certainly not a werewolf.