Chapter 37

Alison and Kira headed through the hallway, down the steps, through the entrance hall, and into the dinning room where they found a large group of people sitting and eating breakfast like a school house.

There were five massive tables set up in the room with the middle one seeming to be reserved for the Nightshades and their guests, with the other four for the servants. Though one of the servants, that Alison reconized as Bells, was seated beside Rose who was at the end of the table and the two were talking while Bells ate breakfast, and Rose sipped a glass of blood.

Each table had what appeared to be a breakfast buffet set up across the entire table, broken up into sections where everything they offered was within a few feet of your seat.

Alison spotted Veronica who was a few seats away from Rose, eating beside Aviri and Peredite, where the former was pointing out passages in a book to the young mage while she picked at her food.

"I see that Aviri wasted no time starting Veronica's training." Alison smiled.

"Actually, Aviri tends to read while having breakfast. It's not really that new." Kira smiled.

"If you say so." Alison smiled. "Should we sit with them?"

"Of course." Kira nodded and motioned towards her sister. She and Alison then headed over where they sat across from them. "Good morning Aviri. Keeping Veronica busy I see."

"She just asked me a question." Aviri smiled, looking up from her book to give her sister attention. "I'll answer anything she wants me to."

"She's taking good care of me." Veronica admitted. "She hasn't even bit me yet."

"I get the feeling Aviri's not going to be drinking from you very often." Alison laughed.

"If at all." Peredite agreed, getting Aviri to laugh.

"I will, but I'm not interested in it for the moment." Aviri explained. "I'd rather proove that I'm serious about teaching you, before I start taking blood from you."

"Well I'm glad to hear you say it out loud. As long as you tell me you're going to bite me, and don't just drink me in my sleep."

Aviri laughed again. "As I already explained to you, the doors are designed that they can't be broken opened except in emergency situations. If you don't want me in that room, I'm not getting in unless Venus lets me."

"Seriously?" Alison asked, looking to Kira for confirmation. Her lover just nodded with a soft smile.

Alison glanced around the dinning hall looking for Drake and Jack but the brothers were no where to be seen. There were a lot of servants enjoying their breakfast, but her friends didn't appear to be at any of the tables. When she went to ask Kira where they could be, she found her girlfriend watching her mother, and she couldn't help but watch the Queen of Vampires herself.

Rose was talking and laughing with Bells like old friends, and honestly Alison was very surprised that Bells could just sit beside the head of the household without anyone threatening to kick her butt. She and Rose must be very close.

"They are." Kira spoke up, reading the wolf's mind. Alison glared back at her before looking back at Rose once more. "Rose recruited Bells around the time the castle was being built."

"Doesn't that mean she's older than you?"

"Indeed. She was a slave to a monster of a woman, and Rose rescued her. Bells asked if she could serve Rose as thanks, but Rose declined. She said she'd hire her instead." Kira smirked as she poured herself a glass of blood from one of the wine bottles in the middle of the table.