Chapter 36

Kira opened her bedroom door and smiled at Alison's reaction.

The wallpaper was the same red color as the rest of the castle, but instead of the scale-like design, Kira's wallpaper looked like flowers instead. The wooden furnature like the nightstand, desk, bookshelf and wardrobe was all painted black, and very few decorations covered the walls. Other than shelves with books and small trinkets, most of the walls were perfectly visible. When walking into the room, the king sized bed was right across from the door with a nightstand on either side.

The wardrobe stood in the left corner, along with the door to what Alison assumed was the bathroom. This was because the entire right wall was a window that looked into the magical garden Alison was just in. The desk was on the oposite side of the bathroom door as the wardrobe, and the bookshelves covered the walls with the door to the room itself.

The ceiling itself was at least ten feet high, allowing a small chandelier to be placed in the center of the room, two feet away from the canopy of the master bed. The chandelier was an old timey one, with candles instead of lights, but the candles were clearly lit by magic because they glowed far brighter than a normal flame.

"This is beautiful Kira." Alison noted, wide eyed and amazed with what she was seeing.

Kira laughed and motioned towards the bathroom, which the wolf gladly went over to. She opened the door and grinned ear to ear at the size of the master bathroom. In the center of the room was what looked like a hot tub. To the right of the room by the tub was a area that was lower down, so you could access the fire under the tub itself. But it's design made it simply look like part of the room. To the left was the toilet and sink, both of which looked a bit aged, but clearly worked with normal plumbing.

"You have to heat your own water, but you get running water?" Alison questioned.

"The running water is magic." Kira admitted, before snapping her fingers, lighting up the right wall as the fire under the tub ignited. "But you can start a flame with magic too."

"I really need to learn some mage-craft." Alison muttered.

"Indeed." Kira smiled and snapped her fingers again, putting out the flame. "This room is yours too you know."

"Sweet, I get a bathroom." Alison teased.

"You know what I mean." The vampire rolled her eyes. "The bedroom is just as much yours as it is mine."

"I know, I know. I'm just teasing you." Alison laughed. "Thank you, this means a lot. It really does. I was worried I was going to get my own room because our parents would want us to be apart."

"Well, thankfully that won't be the case mon chérie." Kira grinned.

"Seriously, the French thing is going to kill me. You're a French Violinist and that's so hot." Alison grumbled.

"I told you, I speak more than just French. It just happens to be my favorite language." The vampire laughed.

"Anyways." Alison waved her off, trying to change the subject as she sat down on Kira's massive bed. "Do you think you would beat Alice in a real fight?"

"Ignoring her power, I do think I can take her, even when she's trying. But if she hasn't ever been trying to fight me, then perhaps not." Kira shrugged. "I won't know for certain until we actually have our duel."

"I really can't wait to see it. Since you have a dueling arena in the castle do you think you will soon?"

"I think for now Alice will want to relax in a familiar setting. Being in a castle in Exodious is probably a welcomed change for her. And since she's here with Sarah and her brother I'm sure that's only made things better for her." Kira shrugged.