Chapter 8

Alison sat at her desk and leaned back, tapping her pencil on her desk as she watched the teacher writing a huge paragraph on the screen in front of her.

Highschool was such a pain in the ass, and Alison wished she could be anywhere but here. In a few minutes the bell would ring and she could eat lunch outside with Kira and her friends.

Just a few more minutes...

She blocked a ball of paper as it was tossed at her head before glaring at Veronica who was smiling at her before she made a heart with her hands and a ga-ga face before pointing over her shoulder at the window.

Alison scoffed and went back to the lesson, trying to ignore the kissing sounds Veronica was making beside her. Sure enough, the bell rang a few moments later and the two of them left the classroom heading for the front of the school.

"You are the worst." Alison grumbled.

"You have to admit you are totally crushing on her."

"She's my mate, what the hell do you expect?"

"But you're head over heels!"

"She can hear you."

Veronica paused. "Excuse me?"

"She can hear my thoughts. She's probably constantly listening to my thoughts. She's basically using me as a big microphone." Alison explained. "So I would be careful about what you say when I'm listening."

"Aren't you worried about your privacy?" She questioned.

"Nope."

"You think Drake and Jack are going to interrogate her some more?"

"Of course they are."

When they made it out the door, Kira was already laying on the side of the fountain. Although she was wearing her cloak it wasn't covering her body at all, revealing her combat boots, black cargo pants and bright pink tank top covered by a jean jacket vest that was unbuttoned. She had pink biker gloves, as well as a silver brace on both her arms like armor to protect her forearms. She was also wearing aviators, something which Alison had lent to her to protect her eyes from the sun.

As Alison and Veronica made their way over, she waved, but still didn't sit up. Alison sat by her head before going through her bag to get her lunch, and Veronica sat beside her. "Enjoying the weather Kira?" Veronica smiled.

"I am." Kira answered. "It's hot, but there's a cool breeze." Her arms were folded over her stomach, and you'd think she was right out of a cosplay convention or something with her cloak and bracers.

Drake and Jack came down the steps and plopped themselves down in the grass in front of them. "So is Kira coming to train with us?" Drake questioned.

"I never asked." Alison shrugged. "It kinda slipped my mind with everything that happened."

"Nearly getting murdered by Alice Daybreaker takes precedence. Speaking of which, what happened to her?" Veronica questioned.

"She ran away." Kira confessed, getting Alison to pause slightly as she opened her lunch box. She knew Kira was far faster than Alice, so how could she have gotten away? Of course no one else thought anything of it because they didn't know that speed was the vampire's affinity.

"Don't you need to eat anything?" Jack questioned, noticing Kira had made no attempt at pulling out any source of food.

"I don't need to eat no. They don't make good blood substitutes in the human world yet." She confessed. "I'm happy to just join in conversation."