Chapter 43

Movement. Alison heard movement in her bedroom, but she dare not open her eyes to move. She could sense the presence, and knew exactly who it was that crept into her bed, slipping under the covers and sliding between the two bodies that lay there. The small form crawled up before pouncing on Alison's chest with a childlike growl of victory.

Alison remained still, opening one eye with a soft smile. "Try again little one." The once confident silver eyes that stared back at her changed to something of childlike disbelief.

"I didn't scare you?" The child growled.

"No. I heard you come in." Alison answered, opening her other eye.

"Loud." Kira muttered from her side. Her hot breath cascaded over Alison's neck, as that's where her face was buried, but Alison reacted only with a smile.

"Myra tried to scare me." Alison explained.

"Petit loup tried to scare you?" Kira asked, still mostly asleep. "Un tel enfant." The vampire yawned.

"Un tel enfant." Myra mimicked in a teasing tone. "I am not a child!"

"Oh? This one has fangs?" Kira purred into Alison's neck, opening one of her silver eyes to smile devilishly.

Myra was no doubt their daughter. She had most of Alison's features from her brown hair to jaw and nose shape. But the girl's eyes were the same vibrant silver as Kira's, making it no surprise who were parents were.

It had been nearly six years since they were engaged, and now happily married. Myra was born about four years ago, because to be honest, the two of them just wanted to be happy, and a child was what they both wanted more than anything. Kira's body couldn't carry a child normally, and so Alison carried the child and gave birth to the beautiful Myra Nightshade.

A perfect hybrid. While she wasn't yet old enough to shift into her wolf form, her vampiric nature was apparent almost right away. Her speed and strength apparent to all when she was accidentally breaking things. She enjoyed the taste of blood, but was easily able to eat normal food without any sort of upset stomach. Most of all, she was completely alive. Her heart beat strongly in her chest, her skin full of life and color.

"I do!" Myra snapped, glaring down at Kira.

Kira raised her head before tackling the smaller child off Alison and off the bed entirely, knocking them both to the floor where they rolled around and wrestled. Kira was of course stronger, and easily pinned the child on her back before hissing in her face, only to recieve a hiss in return.

Alison sat up and rolled her eyes, as this was nearly every morning. The two most important people in her life constantly fighting over foolish things only to find them later acting like best of friends.

Kira yelped as Myra sunk her teeth into Kira's wrist, which quite effectively got her to release the child. Myra then pounced, plowing back into Kira and knocking her onto her back.

"No biting!" Kira growled.

"You're bigger than me!" Myra retorted. "And you heal, so it's fine."

Kira managed to push Myra away before licking her wrist like a wounded cat. "Grossière." Kira grumbled.

"Don't bite your mother." Alison warned.

"Mère started it!" Myra retorted.

"She never bit you."

"I might." Kira grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest.

"That wouldn't be nice, would it?" Alison laughed.