Chapter 11

Alison winced when her alarm clock went off beside her head. Her bed mate snarled and pulled a pillow over her head to try and drown out the sound as Alison leaned over and shut it off before wrapping her arms back around the-

What?!

Alison blinked, and pulled the pillow off the vampire's head, revealing Kira looking like she was trying her best to fall back to sleep. The wolf sighed and leaned her head back on her pillow and stared up at the ceiling, now very much aware of everywhere the vampire's body touched her own.

Kira was snuggled into her side with her head resting on the wolf's shoulder preventing any hope of escape. She was still clothed, so nothing explicit happened.

She glanced down at the floor seeing that Kira's violin was back in it's wooden case, but that case was haphazardly pushed under the bed, still clearly sticking out. The arm Kira was sleeping on was framing the vampire, her hand rested on her hip like she herself was trying to pull her closer. Kira's right arm was under Alison's left, which was also the arm the vampire was sleeping on. Kira's left arm was around Alison's stomach, her once cold fingers now a pleasant warm from being under the covers with the wolf all night.

"Are you awake?" Alison asked.

"Why do you let that horrid mechanical monstrosity wake you? Why not get a bird or something to gently lull you from slumber?" Kira grumbled.

"Because then I wouldn't want to get up even more." Alison laughed.

"You have to leave for school?" Kira asked, clearly hoping that it wasn't the case.

"No." Alison answered. "Today's Saturday."

"Then why did you set your alarm?"

"I usually go out and do things with Veronica on the weekend. She wakes up inhumanly early."

"She probably goes to bed inhumanly early as well."

"Probably. Do you want to come with us?"

"Not unless it's past noon." Kira grumbled.

"If the sun doesn't bother you then you can't tell me that your nocturnal."

"I am nocturnal. You don't see owls burst into flames in the sun do you?" Kira growled, tightening her grip on Alison's waist. "There's no way in hell I'm getting up."

"Well I'd like breakfast."

"You can wait."

"Why do I have to stay?"

"Because you'll take the warmth with you." The vampire whined. "Please don't leave."

"Kira, I have plans."

"I don't care."

Alison pushed the side of Kira's face, pushing the vampire off rather harshly. Kira snarled, trying to hold on, but Alison was surprisingly stronger, able to squeeze her way out of the bed. Kira grumbled, opening one eye and glaring at the wolf as she chuckled and opened the blinds causing the vampire to hiss, roll away and cover her head with the blanket.

Alison smiled victoriously and changed into a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt while Kira was hiding from the sun. Before she left the room however, she did close the blinds allowing Kira to relax a bit.

As Alison was in the doorway, Kira sat up. "What are you going to do with Veronica today?"

"Dunno. Might not even do anything with her. Why?"

"I'd like to accompany you. Both of you." Kira admitted.

"Jealous?"

Kira answered the wolf with a glare.