Chapter 28

"So you're taking just Kira out today?" Veronica groaned from the other end of the phone call getting Alison to chuckle.

"Yes Veronica. I'm going out with my girlfriend today." Alison answered, smiling at Kira who climbed into the passenger's side of her car wearing her sunglasses. "I'll call you when we're done flirting, otherwise we can hang out tomorrow after your guild things."

"Uhg! You're the worst!" Veronica growled.

"It's almost like we hang out every single Saturday and I wanted one day to myself." Alison rolled her eyes.

"Fine. Call me when you finish sucking face." Veronica scoffed before hanging up getting the werewolf to laugh.

"I guess I'm not the only one who's jealous." Kira smirked.

"Seems she doesn't like to share me either." The wolf drove towards the mall, but parked in a different area, allowing their first stop to be a nicer restaurant on the top floor of the mall.

They hopped out of the car and headed in, grabbing their seats. Kira ordered just some tea while Alison got fish and chips.

"I don't know why but I've been craving fish and chips for a week now." Alison grinned as she dug into her food.

Kira just held her smile as she sipped her tea and watched her wolf devour her food.

"Why didn't you order food? Don't you enjoy tasting things?"

Kira shrugged. "While I can taste things it's very dulled. Plus, food doesn't help me so there's really no point to eating it." The vampire answered.

"Then why didn't you get a milk shake? You missed your chance to get some vanilla." Alison noted.

"I figured I shouldn't get too much of it. If I keep it mild then it remains more of a treat." Kira explained.

"I also didn't know you'd like tea."

"It's comforting." The vampire shrugged once more. "I can't taste it very well, but it smells divine and warms me up at the same time."

"That's a good thing then."

"I know you probably wouldn't find the same joy in it, but I enjoy my simple pleasures."

"Tea's not really my thing." Alison answered, taking another bite of her food.

"So what did you have in mind for our date? If you're not bringing Veronica then we don't have a lot of money to spend." Kira noted, glancing at a gentleman out of the corner of her eye.

"Just because we're broke doesn't mean we can't have fun Kira." The wolf chuckled. "I figured we could wander around a bit, then drive down to The Gardens."

"Is that not just a public park?" The vampire asked.

"The Gardens is an indoor park in a greenhouse. It's a controlled climate with exotic butterflies and birds." Alison smiled.

"Sounds interesting." Kira smiled softly, like she was thinking about something that made her a bit guilty.

"Are you not interested?"

"It's not that. I really am looking forward to seeing it, I'm just hoping that you didn't count on me never experiencing anything like it before."

"Well, I don't think they have greenhouses like this in Exodious."

"In my castle, there's a huge room with the same purpose, tended to by nature spirits." Kira explained.

"Well, I guess magic wins this round."