Chapter 9

"Well how much have you improved since then? I get the feeling Kira does all the work while you just eat sweets and complain." Alison teased.

Kira crossed her arms and sat on a rock on the edge of the clearing, crossing her legs with a sigh. "That's pretty much how it is, yes."

Zoe blinked and glared over her shoulder. "Hey! I can make you do and say stupid things remember? Don't say things you'll regret."

"I can always block my soul from you." Kira shrugged. "Any rules she should be aware of?"

"Anything goes." Veronica answered.  "As long as you don't kill each other."

"Can I fight Kira next?" Jack questioned.

"No." Kira answered. "She just said I can't kill you."

"Wait you were gonna kill me?"

"I have trouble holding back." The vampire admitted. "In my castle my mother created an arena that heals all wounds no matter how severe they are once you leave its center. So we were never really taught to hold back in fights. I don't trust myself to be able to."

"You could just not use your knives." Zoe added as Alison stretched.

"I suppose that would greatly reduce the risk of murder." Kira touched her chin in thought.

"I don't see knives on you." Drake questioned.

Kira held up her arm and turned it so she was showing off the bottom of her bracer revealing what was clearly the hilt of a dagger just under her wrist. The blade however was very much concealed.

"Dude! I don't think we have that kind of hidden blade technology!" Jack was amazed by the brace. "Can I see it."

"If you try, I will use it on you." Kira answered. "The blades are extremely important to me, and I have no intention of ever letting anyone wield them."

"She'd probably let Alison touch them." Jack muttered.

"Well... They have history together." Veronica explained. "So I wouldn't be surprised."

"Are you gonna fight me?" Zoe barked. "You've been stretching for like five minutes! If this was a real fight I would have killed you!"

"But it's not." Alison laughed before readying her stance.

"I won't use my magic if you don't shift. Deal?" Zoe asked.

"Deal." Alison reached forward and fist bumped Zoe, before they both took a few steps back and readied themselves once more.

Alison then dashed forwards, swinging her left arm, only for Zoe to side step and slam her shin into the wolf's stomach. Alison stumbled back clutching her stomach, as Zoe's metal boots were not pleasant to have stabbed into her.

Zoe lowered her leg back to the ground with a grin, her purple eyes filled with nothing but joy.

"You're enjoying this too much." Alison growled.

"Are you getting mad? That's not good! You'll make stupid decisions!" Zoe taunted.

"You need to shut your mouth Zoe."

"Oh come on! I know you're physically stronger than me! You can-" Zoe seemed to stiffen like someone had just ran a finger down her spine before she turned and looked over her shoulder at Kira who's eyes were red for a moment before returning to silver. The Shade rolled her own eyes and went to say something more, but Alison punched her in the jaw when she turned back.

Zoe stumbled, putting her hand over her jaw like she couldn't believe what just happened.

"You like to run your mouth don't you?" Alison smirked.