Chapter 16

As much as Alison didn't want to think about it, she couldn't help it. How could you not think about how broken travelling between worlds was. Couldn't someone exploit that system and travel back to when America was founded and just kill George Washington?

She assumed the Gods who created the world would have implemented something to prevent that. Like a fail-safe.

Can Gods create Fail-safes?

"Alison!" Veronica called from the top of the steps. "You're gonna be late!"

"What the hell do you mean I'm gonna be late! You're standing out here too!" Alison answered as she ran up to her.

"I'm in class Alison. I guess my projection is life-like." Veronica laughed. Sure enough Alison passed straight through Veronica's fake body, realizing that she was slightly transparent. But otherwise, yeah, it was a pretty good projection.

Alison charged into the building and just barely made it to class as the bell rang. She sat in her chair and exhaled, but was glad that she wasn't out of breath. She didn't want the rest of the class to know what she almost missed it completely.

The teacher began the lesson, but Alison was definitely not paying attention. Her conversation this morning with the twins was still fresh in her mind, and there was a lot to go over.

Alice saved Sarah because she was her mate. But where was she taking her afterwards? Were they going back to her castle? Where else could she have gone?

And Kira said that she didn't give Alison her blood. But she could have sworn at some point she did, even if she didn't remember it. Was it one of the memories that Kira actually removed? Or did it really just not happen?

And if it didn't happen, then why didn't it happen? They were really in love before right? Wouldn't it come as second nature to want it to happen?

That thought scared Alison most of all. If it was really such a special, magical feeling, why didn't Kira ever give Alison her blood? Did she have doubts back then? Was she waiting till Alison was older? They were mates for life weren't they?

It was a horrible gnawing feeling buried deep in her gut. Like a horrible taunting that clawed its way into her mind.

It made her feel like there was something she was trying to hide.

Was Kira going to leave again!?

Kira went through rejection right? Does that mean that she wasn't actually mated to her anymore!?

"ALISON!"

The werewolf flinched, hitting her knees to her desk and knocking her notebook off. She looked up at her teacher who was standing in front of her looking concerned. "Are you alright? I've been calling you for a few minutes now."

"I-I'm sorry? Yeah, I'm alright." Alison sighed.

"Maybe you should take a walk?"

"A-Actually, can I go to the nurse?" The werewolf asked.

"Of course. Do you need someone to go with you?"

"No. I'll be okay." Alison answered as she picked up her notebook and bag before getting up and heading out of the classroom, trying not to look at Veronica who was watching her go.

She didn't bother to even go to the nurse's office, and instead just headed out of the back of the school, and crossing the field. She walked up to the small clearing by the brook and tossed her bag by the tree. She knelt down next to the stream, and splashed the cold water onto her face.