Chapter 26

Alison watched Kira stare into her glass of blood, deep in thought. Through their link, she could hear the vampire talk to herself about how she should start trying to drink blood more often.

"Biting me is a good start." Alison admitted, interrupting the vampire's thoughts as the werewolf looked back at her math homework.

She could feel Kira stare at her for a few seconds.

Did you seriously just ask that? Didn't we already agree I would try?

"Kira. I'm not telling you to do it now." Alison looked up at her vampire, watching her confused expression.

"I didn't think-." Kira paused and took a breath. I knew this was going to be hard, but I didn't expect it to be this hard.

Alison couldn't help but smile at how hard the vampire was trying.

"I will start biting you. I want to have better control so I don't do anything I'll regret... again." The vampire explained.

"I know. Do you want to go to the dance?" The wolf asked.

"Not particularly, no." The vampire sipped her glass.

"Me neither. Not really a fan of everyone telling me how amazing you are and fucking you with their eyes."

Kira smirked and rolled her eyes. "I'm not really to bothered by it. I have no interest in them, so don't let it bother you."

A low growl escaped Alison's chest as she glared at her girlfriend.

"What? I'm not encouraging them to flirt with me."

"But you're not denying them either!" Alison snapped. "You're my girlfriend! You shouldn't be letting people flirt with you!"

"I don't let them. I just ignore them."

"That's the same thing! My girlfriend!"

"So assertive." Kira smirked.

Alison scoffed. "Now you're just teasing me."

"You make it too easy." The vampire admitted before finishing her glass.

"So how are Alice and Sarah?"

"Wandering around the human world I think. With Nodens of course."

"They're still close right?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well what if something goes horribly wrong? Wouldn't it be best if they were nearby?"

"With Alice no longer serving her father and Alex dead, it's going to take a bit of time for Agora to regroup his assets. We'll have at least a few years before anything serious happens. A few hunters might be a problem, but otherwise I don't see a serious issue."

Alison looked back down at her homework then back up at her girlfriend who raised an eyebrow.

"If you say so." The wolf went back to her homework, scribbling a few problems down.

Kira sat patiently, watching her girlfriend's pencil as it worked near endlessly to solve all the problems.

Alison leaned back after about an hour and stretched, cracking her back several times. "Finally done!" She admitted. When she looked over, Kira was cleaning the base of her violin.