Chapter 10

Alison opened her front door with a groan and tossed her book bag across the room in frustration. It landed on her couch, getting Kira to yelp as she was occupying the space.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry! I'm not used to people living in my house!" Alison called, jogging over to the couch.

"It's fine." Kira laughed. "This is your house remember."

Alison managed a weak smile, glad that Kira wasn't still upset about what happened in the forest.

Kira sat up, setting the bag beside the couch where she looked over and smiled at Alison who was leaned over the back of the couch. "Did you have fun after I left or did I kill the mood?"

"I mean, I beat the crap out of the siblings." Alison answered with a shrug before turning and heading into the kitchen to make dinner.

Kira followed her into the room and sat at the table in the corner, turning her chair so she was sitting backwards in it facing Alison as she went to work cooking. "Please don't make anything for me. I'll try some of your food but eating too much food can cause indigestion."

"Fair enough." Alison nodded, throwing a bunch of things in a pan on the stove like a makeshift stir fry.

"So do the brothers fight as clumsy as I predicted they would?" Kira questioned.

"The werewolves in this world value strength over anything else. So they just charge in head first and hit each other as hard as they can."

"They wouldn't last a single fight in Exodious." Kira scoffed.

"According to Zoe, neither would I." The wolf retorted.

"You would. At least, you wouldn't die. You'd still get your ass kicked, but you'd be alive none the less."

"Thanks." Alison rolled her eyes. "I have to admit though, Zoe's personality compliments yours well."

"I'm not sure what you meant when you said she was never that out going and loud. She was always far louder than everyone around her and it often got her into trouble. And myself by association." The vampire mumbled the last part, glancing to the side as if she was glaring at the Shade.

"When you were with me she always took the back seat. So I'm glad she's actually contributing. You two are a package deal, and she's a person just like you are."

"She's glad you think so." Kira smiled, resting her chin on the back of the chair as she watched Alison cook. Probably paying attention to far more than just what she was making.

"I can feel you staring." Alison announced after a few minutes of silence.

"Does your wolf still talk to you?" Kira asked, ignoring her statement.

"It never spoke." Alison answered. "I don't think they do. They just... demand things, and make you feel like you have to do something. Like it's my instincts that think in the back of my head." Alison explained. "Usually something violent or illegal."

"Illegal?"

"Well you can't exactly tear someone's clothes off and force yourself on them without someone trying to arrest you." Alison growled. "It's really irritating how the damn thing doesn't just fuck off."

"Can it actually influence you?"

"I don't think so. I haven't had any real issues other than it being annoying. For the most part my morals prevent me from even considering doing what it whispers."

"It's not like that with me." Kira explained, getting Alison to pause and glance over her shoulder at Kira before looking back to the meal she was preparing.