Chapter 31

Alison looked in awe at all the buildings and shops that they passed by. She wanted to run into every store to look at every item on every shelf, but the vampire just continued to pull her along, pointing to all the important sights.

"This store sells books from all over Exodious. It even has books from the human world. That store is where I bought my violin." Kira pointed to the two stores as they walked past.

"I'm glad you find the doors to every shop entertaining, but I want to go in and see them." Alison whined.

"I know, I'm just nervous that someone is going to reconize you." Kira sighed. "I know if anyone does, nothing can go wrong, but even still, I can't help but worry."

"Well, let's go in your violin shop." Alison asked, giving Kira a gentle tug towards the store's entrance. Kira rolled her eyes but nodded and the two entered the small shop. The wolf looked around at all the instruments with a huge grin on her face as she examined each one. She was in awe at the craftmanship of them, shocked that they could create something so beautiful without modern tools.

"They're beautiful because each one was crafted by hand. So every second spent making them meant they took great care in doing so." Kira noted, waving to the shop keeper.

"Lady Kira! I'm so glad you could stop in today!" The owner smiled. He was an older gentleman, and he was wearing an apron like he had just got out of creating a new instrument. His hands were covered in a grayish paint, which was likely a finish for the base of the violins. "I was just sent Ebonwood from the Realm of Dragons, and I made a new violin. I was hoping you could play it so I could gauge it like I did the one I gave you."

"You're violin is made from Ebonwood? Isn't that what they make weapons out of?" Alison questioned.

"It's a rare material." The shopkeeper nodded. "It's hard to craft with because it's such a sturdy wood. I had to learn how to carve it from a dragon in the Realm I got it from." He chuckled. "Thankfully once you get the hang of it it's not so bad. But I need someone of Kira's skill to test it out. Then I'll make some adjustments and put it for sale at the front of my shop. An Ebonwood Violin is sure to bring in a lot of customers."

"Do you always have Kira test out your violins?" Alison smiled.

"He tries. He knows how my magic works, so whenever I play it tends to draw in a crowd."

"So basically he's exploiting you?" Alison scoffed with a grin.

"Kind of like how you used me at your concert." Kira laughed as she sat on his counter as he retreived the violin from under it, opening the case beside the vampire, allowing her to pick up the instrument and tune it. It did look very similar to her own violin, being the exact same color as the one she owned. The difference however was mostly found in the engravings. Kira's violin looked much more expensive as it had silver engravings that traced symbols in both the Dragon Tongue and the Language of Demons. This violin had engravings in a black color, and the lines didn't seem to be any symbols. Rather, they were just a simple vine-like engraving.

Kira began playing her music, and in less than a minute people were already entering the store to see what was going on. People smiled and tapped their foot to her happy tune, and Alison just stood in front of her with her back turned to the crowd. She was just as engrossed with Kira's music as everyone else was, and she was glad that no one could see her face because of it.

When the song ended, most people collected themselves and left, but a few people looked around like they wanted to buy an instrument and try to be that good.

Kira placed the violin back in it's case and smiled at the shopkeeper. "It was very well made. But some of the strings seemed a little off key"

"I might have used the wrong wire for one of the strings. I was in a bit of a rush."