Chapter 38

Alice watched the woodland fairies, nymphs and spriggans dance about the indoor garden without a care in the world. They splashed through the small pond and sprayed water everywhere. They played loud music on their woodland instruments, and were all around happy people.

She glanced to the fairy who had sat on the stone to her left as she overlooked the small pond.

The fairy had green hair and her clothes were made of leaves and vines. Her wings were see through, but had a spiral pattern that sparkled ever so wonderfully in the bio-luminecent lights. She was human sized as she sat on the rock over the pond right beside Alice, where she smiled at the vampire.

"Why are you out here watching? You could always participate?" The fairy asked, shouting a bit so she could be heard over the music.

"I don't dance very well I'm afraid. And I'm currently spoken for, so I don't really want anyone getting the wrong idea." The vampire answered, looking back at everyone who was dancing.

The Spriggans looked humanoid, but instead of skin, they were covered in tree bark. They were also very tall, with long limbs with one extra joint on each one, giving them the appearance of walking on their toes. They also had horns on their heads, and their torso's were woven together like a wooden rib cage protecting it's inner organs. A bright green, blue, amber or red color shown through their bark and in their eyes, which were simply a solid color.

The Nymphs looked like humans, but dressed like the fairies, except they didn't have wings.

"If you think they're dancing to look good then you don't know what a party is." The fairy answered, smirking at the vampire like it was a dumb thing to say.

"Well, I've never been to one so lively without trying to destroy it." Alice looked down at her hands before crossing her arms over her chest so she could no longer see them.

"Well, now's your chance to experience one first hand." The fairy answered.

Alice looked up at the woman with a raised eyebrow. "Who are you?"

"I'm Lillian, thanks for asking." The woman bowed without standing back up.

"Why'd you come over here and talk to me if you're so good at parties?"

"You looked like you needed a friend." Lillian shrugged. "Why are you here if your significant other isn't? Are they here?" Lillian looked towards the people like she was trying to spot the person who would have dragged a depressed vampire into a party.

"I came here on my own to watch. Like I said, I've never been to a party without trying to destroy it... other than the balls, but those were just for show." The vampire answered.

"Well you still didn't answer my first question." Lillian smirked, looking back at the vampire.

"We're not technically together yet, but I'm mated to her. She's human so she doesn't quite understand how I can just know. She said she wants to try, but she wants to take it very slow. I was a psychotic murderer after all." Alice raised an eyebrow like she was surprised people didn't reconize her.

"HOLY SHIT! YOU'RE ALICE DAYBREAKER!" Lillian shouted as loud as she could, faking a fearful expression as she leaned away. The people closest to them turned to look in shock, getting Alice to cringe like she was about to be attacked. But then they just smiled at her and turned away to return to the party.

"No one cares who you were. The fact your here now, watching a party, and looking so damn depressed proves you're not that person anymore." Lillian explained.

"How can you not care?"

"Partly because I can sense that you have part of a spriggan in you. A gift from Venus I assume?"