Chapter 9

As soon as I woke up I noticed two things, one I wasn't in little space anymore and two I wasn't in my room. I remember last night very well and it's quite embarrassing. I feel really bad for waking up my brother and his mate, I'll talk to him soon. I turn to my side and I see Nikolai with his eyes closed and his right arm thrown over my waist.

He looked so peaceful as he slept. There were no worry lines present and he seemed less intimidating. After 15 minutes of not doing anything and trying not to move much I started to get really bored.

I used my pointer finger to boop his nose but he didn't even flinch a little. I booped it again yet nothing. I sighed and just started running my finger down his cheekbone and the bridge of his nose.

"Princess what're you doing?"
Nikolai still had his eyes closed and it startled me for a second. Quickly composing myself I blushed taking back my hand and shrugging.

He smiled and finally opened his beautiful eyes taking my hand and laying a kiss there.

"Good Morning Princess." He tightened his arm around my waist and pushed my head into his neck hugging me closely.

"Mornin" I yawned out hugging him back and throwing one of my legs over him.

"I definitely love waking up to this"

I blushed and mumbled something along the lines of 'shush' and 'stop making me blush', Nikolai just chuckled and kissed the top of my head.

"Come on princess we gotta get up and have some breakfast"

"Do we have to?" I whined wanting to stay in bed cuddling for a while longer.

"Yes and stop being a brat about it since you're already on thin ice."
He followed up his words with a smack to my bum that made me squeal in surprise and quickly get out of bed.

'Meanie' I whispered under my breath as I walked to the door.

"Careful little one just cause you're cute doesn't mean I won't punish you"

I blushed and grabbed his hand as we made our way to the dining room for breakfast. 

"Nikolai can I go hang out with my brother today?" We were currently walking down the hall to our rooms after an amazing breakfast.

"Of course baby. I have to go to another boring meeting today but I'll go find you afterwards."

He gave me a kiss that left me dazed as he walked away smirking. Soon my cheeks were flaming as I stumbled around trying to open the door to my room.

After changing and making myself look presentable I went to search for my brother.

"Hey!" I jumped on Lucians back and giggled as he stumbled

"Hey you! What's up?" He twirled making me giggle even more and then set me down so we could talk.

" I wanted to talk to you. Firstly I need to apologize for last night I'm sorry about barging in like that. And also thank you for being so cool about it, and also helping me out."

"Of course silly! No need to say sorry. I'll always help, mostly if it's for something to do with your mate and you."

I gave him a tight hug and then we sat down and talked some more catching up on these last few days. He told me that the meetings were coming to an end and the big final one that I would have to be present for would happen two days from now.

I knew what that meant, Nikolai would have to go back home. I didn't say anything and just continued on with our conversation, but deep down I was scared.