Chapter 18

Savanna's POV

The sound of a door being slammed woke me up and I heard Nikolai's angry voice saying something in Italian before walking away from the door leaving the room completely silent and I tried going back to sleep.

No matter how much I twisted and turned I couldn't fall back asleep so I got up and got ready to go in search of Nikolai.

The hallways of the house were busy with maids cleaning, dusting, and rearranging all the house decorations in whichever way they saw fit.

I successfully avoided bumping into anyone as I made it into the living room which is where Nikolai's scent was coming from and as soon as I saw him there talking to someone the nerves washed away and a smile took over my face as I walked over to him and before I even had a chance to announce my presence he grabbed my arm and pulled me flush against him and kissed me like he was a starving man.

"Good morning Princess" his words were murmured against my lips and I smiled wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him again.

"Good morning indeed" I giggled and wrapped my arms around Nikolai's waist so I could comfortably hold on to him while he put his arm over my shoulder and told me to give him a second to finish talking to Adam.

I suppose Adam was the man he was talking to before I interrupted them and I giggled to myself as I saw the young man whose face was flushed crimson and was having trouble forming coherent sentences.

After a while of just daydreaming and listening to Nikolai's sexy Italian voice they finally seemed to be done and I was dragged to the couch where Nikolai sat and pulled me on top of him.

"Baby there's something really important we have to talk about. You see one of the members from the moon goddess's council is coming over to conduct an inspection and he can be a bit of a meanie sometimes so we have to behave really really well and make sure everything is absolutely perfect. Do you think you can help me with that Princess?"

I could tell that this really meant a lot to him and I could also detect some flecks of worry and maybe even a speck of fear in his eyes. Smiling I gave him a tender quick kiss of reassurance.

"Of course Nick, I am Luna after all I'm sure I can keep my composure for one day and be a big girl"

"You are the absolute best." Nikolai attacked my sides with his fingers making me laugh out loud and squirm trying to get away from his hands.

After a minute he stopped and wiped a tear that had escaped my eyes from laughing so much and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Come on, let's go get ready. Lord Henry will arrive here in the next couple of hours."

We went into our room and took a shower together which turned into a make out session under the water which then turned into me getting pushed against a wall and Nikolai claiming me in such a possessive way that after cleaning me and drying me he had to carry me into the room and lay me down on the bed while I tried to shake off the hazy feeling.

After some time Nikolai was already dressed in black dress pants, a white button up, black vest, and dress shoes. It's safe to say he looked absolutely delicious dressed like that. His hair was pushed back but not in a slicked back with gel kind of way but in a messy way, I could still run my hands through it if I wanted to. 

He smirked when he saw me checking him out and did the same with me, the only difference is I was still naked and sprawled out on the bed. I blushed and looked away which made him chuckle and go towards the closet.

"Put some underwear on while I pick out a dress for you please."

I nodded even though he couldn't see me and stood up going to my bedside table and grabbed a white lace bra and matching panties.