1) The Dilemma

"Gabriel!" Angelica yelled with her arms opened as she ran towards me

"Gabriel!" Angelica yelled with her arms opened as she ran towards me. "It's so good to see you!" She threw herself into my arms, and I almost dropped my suitcases as I stumbled back.

I held her tightly as I got my balance, and the sea of people continued to pass by us. When we pulled back, I smiled at my younger sister. "Bien o no?"

"Si," Angelica said. "Vos?"

I shrugged. "Okay."

"Come on," she said while grabbing one of my suitcases. "We have to catch up." We began to walk in sync with each other, me allowing her to lead the way to her green Beetle. "We haven't seen each other in person in forever." She squealed as we entered the garage, merging into the darkness. "Tell me all about Australia." I didn't want to think about Australia because that meant thinking about why I decided to move back in the first place. "Who leaves Australia for Shirley Heights?" She snickered, but I maintained my firm expression. Her face returned to normal. "Why do I feel like I'm talking to myself?"

We had reached the Beetle, and Angelica and I packed my suitcases into the trunk. "I don't want to talk about it," I said before making my way to the passenger's seat. We hopped into the car, and I got settled in as Angelica reversed out of the parking spot. "Right now, I want to focus on Shirley Heights and the people in Shirley Heights. Australia is in the past."

I stared ahead as Angelica made her way out of the parking garage. She kept sneaking peeks my way. "Gabe..." I sent her a look, and her eyes widened. "Gabriel." That's better. "I bet it's hard, with what happened."

It was pretty hard getting fired from your job because your bosses thought you stole one of the most expensive bracelets.

"I know you didn't do it," Angelica reassured me. "It's all a big misunderstanding."

"Tell them that." I leaned back in the seat, ready to relax until Angelica turned the dial, and I grimaced. Some pop song came on. "Out of all the music genres, you have to listen to the worst one possible."

Angelica stuck her tongue out at me. "How would you know? You don't even listen to music."

True.

I had more important things to do with my life than listening to music.

Angelica nudged my arm. "Loosen up, Gabe."

I pushed her arm away. "Angelica, stop. You do that on purpose."

She knew I didn't like anyone shortening my name. I was Gabriel. It wasn't that hard. 

Angelica pouted. "You're no fun."

"And you're twenty-five," I said. "Act like it."