12) The Disappointment

Darian Ansel was the only person I knew who was willing to go to the gym with me at eight in the morning

Darian Ansel was the only person I knew who was willing to go to the gym with me at eight in the morning. I was grateful because I needed to get out of the apartment.

The noises. How long it lasted. I didn't want to think about it.

        When I hooked up with Anushka, we weren't this bad. It was as if Gabriel wasn't even trying to keep it down. They even left their fucking clothes all over the place.

        Thinking about last night gave me the push I needed to lift some weights. I hadn't been to the gym in a week. It was too long, especially with all the stress I was under. I needed it more than ever.

        Plus, the only way to release the rage within me was to either go to the gym or to punch whoever slept with Gabriel last night.

        A wave of dread washed over me when I returned to the apartment. Luckily, the clothes were gone, but I knew if I saw Gabriel and that person together, I wouldn't be able to control myself from decking that person in the face.

        I had no right to be upset, especially with what I did. But it was Gabriel. I didn't want to think about someone else touching him and giving him pleasure that I could give him.

        I gulped some water down, and when I brought my water bottle from my lips, that was when Gabriel walked into the kitchen.

        He walked to the fridge. "Good morning," he said while reach for orange juice.

        As he downed the juice, I could only watch him. He was in a t-shirt and shorts and his hair was more disheveled than usual. His tone held a nonchalance that pissed me off. I wanted to pretend nothing happened. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that him being with someone else got to me.

        I wanted to be in control of myself.

        But I couldn't.

        "What the hell, Gabriel?" I said, and the bitterness in my voice surprised even me.

        He brought the bottle down from his lips with a numb expression. "What?" His tone was leveled.

        I frowned. "Don't play dumb." He didn't speak. "Please tell me that person's gone."

        "Kevin?" he asked. "He left, but I don't know why you're asking about him."

        Before he could leave, I grabbed his arm. "We need to talk," I said. "We need to set some ground rules."

        Gabriel faced me with his arms crossed. "About?"

        "You can't just bring people home, leave your clothes all over the place and not even try to keep it down," I said, and he chuckled. "What the hell is funny?"