26) The Name

* WARNING: Sexual Content Ahead

*Reader Discretion is Advised

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I sat in the parking lot of Angel's Pizzeria, talking to Nila

I sat in the parking lot of Angel's Pizzeria, talking to Nila. "I had fun," I told my sister. "Didn't you have fun?"

        "I did," she said. "Spent a lot of money on those wines and beers, but it was worth it."

        We were talking about her surprise visit, and I still couldn't get over it. Who would have that that Nila and I had the capacity to get along?

        "We should do this more, Nila," I said while leaning back in the seat. "Talking. Hanging out. Let's do it. It's nice. Especially since it doesn't involve the company."

        She chuckled. "You hate the company so much, and it's so sad. I thought being passed over was bad, but I guess you have worse."

        "This isn't about me," I said. "This is about us. Where we're gonna go from here."

        "You're right," she said. "I'll like that, too. Hanging out and talking. It's kind of tiring being mad at you."

        "I'm glad it is," I said.

        "Got any plans for today?"

        About that...

        I cleared my throat, glancing around to see if he was there yet. "No," I said. "Probably going to stay in today."

        "Nice," she said. "Well, I have to go. I have to pick up Deepika from the daycare."

        "Have fun with that," I said. "Bye."

        "Bye."

        She hung up, and I got out of the car, continuing to keep an eye out for him. I found a seat where he would easily spot me. Nila would be pissed, but I couldn't help myself.

        I was meeting up with Ishaan.

        I didn't know what was going to come of it, but I had to do something. It was one of the few things I could do.

        Then a figure came into my line of vision, and he sat in front of me. "Gyan." He wore a smirk. "What's up?"

        "Why don't we just cut to the chase?" I leaned forward with my palms on my knees. "You don't feed me bullshit, and I'm not going to take bullshit from you."

        He sent me a look. "What is this about?"

        "That's the bullshit I'm talking about," I said. "This is about Nila and the fact that your pathetic ass is cheating on her." His expression didn't falter. He just stared at me. "That's it? Not gonna say anything?"