15) The Festival

* WARNING: Brief Sexual Content Ahead

*Reader Discretion is Advised

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

There was a festival today at Shirley Town Center that was celebrating various aspects of Latinx culture

There was a festival today at Shirley Town Center that was celebrating various aspects of Latinx culture. Kenji and Darian were going and invited me to come. Gyan couldn't make it because he had dinner with his dad and some of their company's investors.

         People gathered around the vast grass in front of the huge stage that housed the many artists who were of Latinx origin. There were vendors surrounding the area to sell street food from various countries. I took in the scene with my grin not dying down. Spanish dominated the place, but there were many dialects of Spanish being spoken. The most prominent was Mexican Spanish.

        The three of us stopped in front of the stage and listened to the music. I didn't know any of these artists, but then again, I didn't listen to music. They were tolerable, nevertheless.

        Darian wrapped his arms around Kenji, and he rested his chin on Kenji's shoulder. "Isn't this awesome, baby?" he said while planting kisses on Kenji's neck. Kenji tried to pull away, but Darian held him tighter. "I think it's time we started going out more."

        "Darian, stop." Kenji freed himself, and he and Darian watched each other. "We're in public. Cool it down."

        "Since when do you have a problem with how I express myself?" Darian asked.

        Kenji faced forward. "You know I don't like PDA. I don't feel like compromising for you tonight."

        I tried not to look too hard, feeling like this was a private moment, but my eyes couldn't stay away. Darian continued to stare at Kenji with an unreadable expression.

        Then he released his partner. "Fine," Darian said as he took a step back.

        "Darian," Kenji called out when Darian began to walk away. "Where're you going?"

        Darian turned around, continuing to walk backwards. "Going far away from you, since that's obviously what you want."

        "Darian!" Kenji shouted as he turned back around, continuing to leave. Kenji sighed. "Baka."

        "Why are you being such a jerk to Darian?" I couldn't help but ask him.

        The bloke was trying. Kenji said he wasn't satisfied because Darian was too comfortable and wasn't romantic anymore. Now, Darian was trying to change the scenery by taking us out, and he was trying to be physically affectionate. But Kenji shut that down.

        What did he want from Darian?

        "I'm not trying to be a jerk to anyone," Kenji said. "He just gets too touchy sometimes. Especially in public."