11) The Aftermath

* WARNING: Sexual Content Ahead

*Reader Discretion is Advised

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Last night was one of the most unrestful nights of my life

Last night was one of the most unrestful nights of my life. Not only was all the noise keeping me up, but once it was over, my eyes wouldn't shut. I didn't know if it was the result of having heard Gyan have sex with someone else. Or, if it was because that someone else was a woman.

Either way, I needed coffee.

That was exactly what I went for when I woke up that morning. I made myself some coffee, and right when I got a mug, Gyan came into my line of vision—shirtless. I cleared my throat as I kept my eyes off him.

He did that a lot. Walking around the flat, showing skin. A part of me loved it, but the other part was tempted. A temptation I couldn't give into. Gyan said we could hook up if I wanted to, but I refused to give off the impression that I was content with a purely physical relationship.

"Coffee," Gyan said while leaning onto the island as I brought the mug down from my lips. "You must be really tired."

I usually never drank coffee. I didn't like taking in substances to enhance my alertness and performance. When I drank coffee, it had to be bad.

I turned my back to him. "Kind of hard to sleep with all the noise."

We went silent.

I gripped my mug, despite the burning sensation in my palms, and only Gyan's breathing reminded me he was there.

"Sorry," he said.

Sorry?

That was all he had to say?

"I'll keep it down next time," he said, and my throat tightened.

Next time?

I slammed my mug down onto the kitchen counter, and we were silent again.

"If you have something to say," Gyan said, "say it."

I faced him, trying to keep my expression as neutral as possible. His features were relaxed. He spent last night fucking a woman, and his features were relaxed. I swallowed before speaking.

"Is this going to be a thing from now on?" I asked, and he sent me a confused look. "You bringing people home at odd hours of the night?"

Gyan frowned. "First of all, it's none of your business. Second of all, no. If it was the old me, yes. Right now, no."

I didn't want to think about the "old" Gyan. The one who slept with random men on a regular basis. The one, who I left behind.

"Since when do you have an affinity for girls?" I asked, not being able to hold it in any longer. Gyan said nothing. "First, I walk in on you kissing one. Then I find out you're engaged to one. Now, you're sleeping with one?"