36) The Lie

Gabriel didn't come home last night

Gabriel didn't come home last night. He sent me a text that he was spending the night with Angelica. Apparently, he left Kenji's and spent the rest of the day with Angelica, choosing to sleepover. I didn't understand why he couldn't just come home, but I didn't question him about it.

        I was meeting up with my father for breakfast, but before I left, I snuck a peek into Gabriel's room. He laid in his bed with his eyes closed.

        "Gabriel?" He slowly opened his eyes, and he groaned. "Are you okay?"

        He made a lot of noise when he returned home, but I was too sleepy to get out of bed.

        "No," he said. "My head is killing me." He rubbed his forehead. "I feel like utter shit."

        I smirked. "Had a wild night?"

        What did he and Kenji do last night anyway? Or was it Angelica?

        "You can say that," he said.

        "Let me get you some water."

        I walked to the kitchen and got him a glass full of water. I placed it on the dresser, and he gulped most of it down.

        "Damn," I said. "You sure are thirsty." He laid back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. "You know, drinking a little bit of alcohol makes hangovers better."

        His eyes widened. "I've had my fill of alcohol for the next week."

        I chuckled with my arms crossed. "That bad, huh?"

        "The worst."

        "Let me get you a refill." I grabbed the glass and filled it up, and I even left him some aspirin. "Just rest, okay?"

        His arm rested on his forehead. "I'm not going anywhere." Then he pouted at me. "Cuddle?"

        I winced. "I'll love to, but I gotta meet the old man."

        "Later then?" he asked.

        "Later." I kissed his forehead. "Take care of yourself, okay?"

        He nodded, and I walked out. The drive to my parents' house, I tried not to worry too much. That was the thing with Gabriel. After he came back, I always worried about him. College, he worried, but now, I took over. I wondered why things changed so much.

        How did that laid-back Gyan turn into the balls-less man who worried too much about his partner?

        Gabriel could take care of himself, and he was a grown man. He was safe, and I had to remind myself of that.

        When I arrived at my parents' house, I took my time, not looking forward to meeting with my father. Apparently, he had some serious business to discuss with me. A paranoid part of me felt like it had something to do with my theft and the whole Arush situation, but I pushed those thoughts away. Nila handled it, and Arush was behind us.