Are You Mocking Me?/ Chapter 2

Betty's POV

*Right Where Last Chapter Left Off*

"So Betty, I see your already falling for me?" "What?" I blushed hard, did he starring at him? "Well I saw you almost fall over there and I assumed you were falling for me." I pulled my hand away what a jerk! Beautiful but a jerk. I decided to take the rude and sassy route, I didn't feel like flirting back. "Why are you even here?" I spat. I gave him the evil eye and he just smirked at me. Tony answered for him, "Mr Parker is here because him and his lovely aunt opened their home up for you. And he'll show you the school you'll be attending of course." I was

shocked. First he mocks me now I have to stay with him? I tried to convince Tony. "Mr Stark, I can stay in a hotel I really don't want to cause the Parkers any trouble." "Ms Cooper, we need to keep your powers, as secret as possible. The Parkers know how to keep a secret under wraps." I was shocked and angry again, "Everyone here knows I have powers?!" I looked at the 4 people next to me, Happy who did NOT look happy, Pepper who was smiling sweetly, Tony who looked dead serious, and finally Peter who was still smirking at me. "Of course we all know, we're Mr Starks most trusted colleagues" Peter said. "Don't push it kid" Tony looked down on Peter, but you could tell it was true by the he was looking at him, in almost a fatherly way. "Sorry sir" Peter said looking like a sad puppy. We stood in silence for awhile. Pepper broke the silence, "I'm sure Betty must be tired from her trip, should we get going?" "Good idea, Happy you go take the kids home."

Happy spoke for the first time, "Why me?" "Because Happy my wife and I have dinner plans." Pepper broke her smile for the first time and glared at Happy. Happy looked scared, "Ok ok I'll do it."

  Happy dropped Peter and I off in front of a nice looking apartment. "Nice apartment." Nice one Cooper way to point out the obvious, I mentally kicked myself. "You should see inside it looks even nicer." Even though he mentioned going inside we both stood there. "Betty?" "Yes?" "I'm sorry for what I said earlier about you falling, you looked pretty upset after I said it." I was shocked, here was the boy I thought was a jerk, being nice and considerate. And then it hit me, he wasn't trying to be rude, he was simply trying to flirt with me. "It's alright Peter." He looked satisfied, "Great lets go inside."

Peter's POV

My attempt to flirt with Betty failed miserably. I thought I was so smooth, but she thought I was mocking her, ugh Peter your such an idiot! But I think she accepted my apology, and I think she may have realized I was flirting with her. That's the reason I don't flirt or really talk to girls at school, because I always make a fool out of myself. Aunt May had dinner ready when we got back and now we're all sitting around the table enjoying a nice conversation. "So Betty, what's your favorite thing about Riverdale?" "Oh most definitely the people, I already miss all my best friends." "Do you have a boyfriend?" I was shocked "Aunt May! Don't you think your being a little nosy?" She shrugged, "I'm only asking, but if you don't want to answer Betty that's fine." "No I don't have a boyfriend, I did, but we broke up recently." I released a breathe I didn't know I was holding. I guess I was just kinda excited because I thought Betty was cute. The conversation ended and soon it was time for me to go through with the plan Mr Stark planned.

*
*
*
Me too Peter, me too😂 I don't know why it's so spaced out so much but it irritates me😒