Meant To Be// Chapter 17

Peter's POV

"Peter tell me what's it like being Spiderman?" Betty asks this and I tense, and fight the urge to jump out of the car and run. "Wha-what makes you think I'm Spiderman? That's crazy." She moves her head off my chest and looks my in the eyes, "Peter they don't call me Nancy Drew for nothing. I have the room right next to yours remember? I hear you sneak out at night, and during the day. And everytime you do there's something on the news about Spiderman. Also it's suspicious you having an internship with Tony Stark as well and yet I've never seen you do anything an intern does for him, plus he trusted you and May with the secret of my powers. Andddd even further when Spiderman rescued that little girl from being kidnapped and also from drowning, his ribs were hurt. And when you came home you told May and I quote, "Just bruised not broken." So Peter, that is how I know your Spiderman." I'm shocked, but impressed at the same time "Wow... Betty you have a gift." She smirks "So I'm right? Your Spiderman?" "Yes I am." "Why didn't you tell me?" "I've been wanting too, but I've been waiting for the right time. Also Betty you can't tell anybody about my secret!" "Trust me Parker, I won't tell anyone your secret as long as you don't tell them mine, about Riverdale and my powers." "I swear Ms Cooper, I will never ever tell your secrets as long as I live." She smiles "Well then Mr Parker, I also will never ever tell your secret as long as I live." We both laugh, and then I remember something, Betty has a crush on Spiderman. "So Betty, I guess this means you have a crush on me." She blushes "What do you mean? I never said that." 'Yeah you did! You said Spiderman was your celebrity crush! And Spiderman is me!" She blushes darker "I did say that." "Mhm yes you did." I looks as if a light bulb comes on in her head, "I do like Spiderman but there's someone I like a whole lot more." What! She likes someone else! "And who might that be?" She smiles "Peter Parker." I smile as she leans in to kiss me. I meet her half way, and we kiss. It's undeniable that sparks flew, it was my first real kiss and it was amazing. We pulled apart "And I like you Elizabeth Cooper." She smiles and lays her head on my chest holding me tighter.

I can't sleep. I'm comfortable and warm, but I can't sleep. I'm used to listening to music to fall asleep too, but I don't want to kill my car battery so the car radio is out of the question. So I whisper to Betty and see if she's awake "Betty? Are you awake?" "Mhm, barely." "Can you sing to me?" "I'm not very good Peter." "Are you kidding? You have the voice of an angel." "Ok I'll sing for you. What do you want me to sing?" "You choose." She starts to sing, "Meant To Be" By: Bebe Rexha & Florida Georgia Line. "If it's meant to be It'll be, baby just let it be." Soon I drift off to sleep, while listening to the blonde beauty sing.

*
*
*
Two updates in one day?! I think I've been body snatched! Also! Petty finally kissed!!! Yay!