In The End// Chapter 40

Betty Narrating:

  In the end, I stayed in New York. On the weekdays I stay at the Avengers Tower. On the weekends which are my "days off" (meaning no training) I stay at May and Peter's, like I was before. I go to school at Midtown with Peter, Mj, and Ned. Speaking of Mj and Ned, they were super happy to hear that I'm staying in New York. Many many loser parties are planned for us this year. Archie and Veronica made it safely back to Riverdale. They were sad to hear I was staying in New York, but they understood my choice when I explained it to them (minus the Avengers part). My mom and Polly also made it safely back to Riverdale. I had suggested they make the move to New York, but they insisted on going back to the farm. Peter and I are still in a happy relationship, and we both go on patrol together. I've gotten to train with all the Avengers which has made my skills improve so so much. They've taken me on missions with them, and I fit right into their little family. Family. The Avengers are my new family, they're the support system I've always dreamed of. Each of them care for me like they do for eachother. When we're not training we lounge around in the recreation area, and play cards, watch tv, or just talk and goof off. I've met everyone officially and everyone is super nice. Tony, Sam, and Peter are the masters of practical jokes and pranks. I always have to watch for pranks around those 3. Natasha and Wanda are super fun to train with, they really help me expand my skill level. Tony and Rhodey have helped me master my suit and now I'm great with it. I could go on and on about everything the Avengers do for me. Since I'm already at his house on the weekends, Sunday's are Peter and I's date night. Date nights are always unique because there's so many new things to do in New York. Sunday night's with Peter is probably my most favorite thing about New York. I really love him a lot, and I'm glad I stayed with him and my new family. We had a small service for my father. As sad as his death made me, I finally feel peace. "The Internship" really changed my life in more ways then one. It was probably the best thing that's ever happened to me... I've found love, a family, new friends, a job I love, and pure happiness. I'll always miss some parts of Riverdale, but New York is where my future is, and it's where I'm happiest. And my happiness is what matters the most.

***THE END***

*

*

*

Well, here we are guys. It's the end of the Internship. I don't even know where to start on this sappy speech. All that's running through my head is THANK YOU! Thank you for reading my story! Thank you for the votes! Thank you for the comments! Thank you for everything!!! I loved writing this story so much! It was a fun journey. I'm very sad it's coming to close after all this time. I wish I could write a 2nd book, I really do. But I just don't have enough ideas to put it together. However I'm trying to brainstorm a different book that's completely Marvel based, considering the fact that I don't watch Riverdale anymore. I may come back and write some extra chapters, (with Betty just interacting with the Avengers) that don't affect the plot. But I haven't completely decided on either of those things. For now I'm taking a break, and I'll try to come up with a solid idea of what I'm going to do next. But in the end I just want to say thank you again. I don't think I'll ever be able to fully express how much I love and appreciate your guy's support. This has been amazing, I love you all 3,000💖