A Party// Chapter 39

Betty's POV

Tony and Peter look up from their sundaes. "Hey Betty..." Peter says, he looks nervous. I have to admit, so am I. This is a huge decision I'm making. "You want a sundae? There's plenty to go around. Plus I think the person who is the reason for the victory, deserves a victory sundae." Tony says. "Yeah, that would be great." I quickly make up a sundae and sit across from them. I play with my spoon nervously. "Well... I have made a decision..." "Are you going to tell us? Or are you going to make us wait forever?" Tony asks. I nervously laugh. Why am I so nervous? There's no reason to be nervous. I've grown so close to Peter and Tony. They're my two most favorite people, they've both changed my life so much for the better. I would hate to never see them again. "Betty! You're killing me with suspense! Just tell us!" Peter yells. "Ok ok." I take one last deep breath "I'm going to stay in New York and be an Avenger!" Peter jumps out of his chair so fast that it falls over. I stand as he runs over to me. He hugs me. "Peter, I can't breath." He lets me go "I'm sorry, I'm just so happy your staying." "Yeah me too." I smile. "I'll turn around for 10 seconds, while you two kiss." Mr Stark says. Peter pulls me in and we kiss. It's probably the best one yet, full of so much happiness, we pull apart grinning. "Ten!" Mr Stark turns around. I laugh and I walk to his side of the table. I put my arms out for a hug, he laughs but he hugs me. "I'm glad your staying Blondie." I smile at the old nickname, "I'm glad I'm staying too Tony. I'd miss you and Peter too much." As we finish our victory sundaes, I decide it's time for a sappy speech. "You know you guys, are most of the reason I'm staying. Obviously I want to be an Avenger, and I'll miss everyone else I met, but... When it came down to it, I said to myself "There's no way I could leave Tony or Peter" I would miss you guys way to much, if I left." They both smile "We'd miss you too, Betty." They say.

Peter walks me to my room. Wow I get to stay here! I get to live in Avengers tower with all the Avengers! Peter hasn't let go of my hand the whole walk. When we reach my door, we kiss goodnight. But as he walks away, I realize I want more time with him before tomorrow. Tomorrow, the Avengers are throwing me a victory/ staying in New York party. My mom and Polly are going to be there for an hour and then they leave for Riverdale on one of Tony's private jets. "Peter wait." He turns around "You wanna spend the night?" He smiles and nods. We cuddle in my bed and talk. "I really can't believe how much "the internship" has changed my life. It seems like yesterday that I discovered my powers, flew to New York, trained and practiced my powers, went temporarily blind, fell in love with you, and saved the day." I look at him after my small monologue, but he just stares at me. "What?" "You said you fell in love with me." I close my eyes and hide my face with my hands. He grabs my hands, "Why are you so embarrassed?" "I wanted the first time I say it, to be special." "Anytime I'm with you, it's the most special thing in the world. You can tell me anytime, and it'd be special. So just say it." "I love you Peter Parker." He smiles "And I love you, Elizabeth Cooper." He kisses me while smiling, we seem to do that a lot. I don't think we've ever kissed without smiling, and that's just because he makes me so happy.

Peter's POV

I wake up with a numb arm that's under Betty, and a facefull of of blond hair. I smile, just like the first time I spent the night. Soon she rolls over and faces me. "Goodmorning Sleeping Beauty." She smiles "Goodmorning Prince Charming." Soon Betty kicks me out of her room, so we can get ready for the party. I get to my room set aside for me at the Avengers tower and smile. I don't come in here much but I always enjoy seeing it.

I take a long hot shower

I take a long hot shower. And then I get on my outfit for the party, Mj's friend Law ( Do you understand the reference?😉) helped me pick it out. He's good in the fashion department. Once I'm dressed I put some gel in my hair, slip on some dress shoes, and grab a pair of non-pescription glasses to put on.

Peter's Outfit:

I take one last look in the mirror before I head out to the limo

I take one last look in the mirror before I head out to the limo. Betty's already outside and she looks amazing.

Betty's Outfit:

"Wow Betty, you look fantastic

"Wow Betty, you look fantastic." "Thank you, you do too." She smiles. The limo ride over was a lot of fun, Pepper and Tony went with us. And Happy drove. When we get to the party location, the large ball room is already full of Avengers with their family's, Shield agents, and Skrull. The party is in full swing when Mr Stark goes up to the stage. "I'm not going to take long I just want to toast the young lady of the hour. Betty Cooper are newest Avenger!" Everybody cheers, including me. Betty just blushes at our table. "Betty has decided to stay with us in New York, and she took down her first villain! And that is why we're here to celebrate." He raises his glass "To Betty!." Everyone raises their glass and repeats after him "To Betty!" Soon Polly and Alice come to hug Betty goodbye. "I'm so proud of you Betty." Her mom says. "Thanks mom." They hug, and then surprisingly Alice hugs me. "Take care of my girl Peter." "Of course." After they leave, Betty and I mingle with some other guests until a slow song comes on. "You want to dance?" "Of course." I lead her out to the dance floor, and we hold each other and dance. "I'm really love you Betty, and I'm so glad you came to New York." "I love you too Peter. And I'm glad too, I'm so so thankful for this opportunity and "the internship" in general." I smile and kiss her. I forget about the crowd as we kiss. I don't think there's anything better than this, I am truly happy and blessed.

*
*
*
The next chapter, is the last chapter of the internship😭 I'm so sad it's ending. But... THE INTERNSHIP HAS OVER 17K READS!!! HOLY COW GUYS!!! THAT'S SO CRAZY!!!