Stunt Doubles// Chapter 35

Betty's POV

As we approach the park a chill runs down my spine. I'm scared. It's sad that I'm scared, no, terrified of my own father. Just then memories crowd my brain: My father pushing me on the swing as a kid, my father helping me wrap up my wrist after I sprained it falling off the monkey bars, my father giving me a huge a hug and telling me he's proud after I won the 1st grade spelling bee, my father comforting me after Cheryl bullied me at school, then later memories of my father, him taking pictures of me before homecoming, him taking me to Pops for a milkshake when I had cramps. But then the bad memories of him come, the threatening calls, him hurting: Fred, Grundy, Moose, Midge, Mr Svenson, and everyone else. When the memories stop flashing around my head, I have a terrible sharp pain. I crouch down and grab my head. I grunt. Peter crouches down next to me, "Betty what's wrong?" "Just my head, I have lots of bad memories with my dad." I say through clenched teeth, this memory flash has to be the worst one yet. I stay crouched down for about 30 more seconds before I make myself get up "Betty-" "I'm fine Peter, let's keep going." He looks concerned but he keeps moving.

When we get to the park all of us but Talos surround the outside. He tranforms to look like me at the edge of the park. I see him take a deep breath and walk towards the center of the park. I walk and move next to Tony because he has a more clear view of Talos. And a more clear view of him. My dad. I gasp when I see him, Mr Stark is in his Iron Man suit but he still reaches out and puts his arm around me. His voice comes over my suits speaker "It's going to be alright Betty" "I know I'm... Just scared." "Your safe inside the suit, but I understand if you want to leave. We have this under control, I can call Happy and have him take you home too." "I want to stay. I want to see him get what he deserves." It's hard to tell in the suit, but I feel him squeeze me tighter. I take a deep breath and look at the scene in front of me. They appear to be talking "Lucas, can you make it so I can hear them?" "On it boss." I had made sure to ask Talos to get him to talk about my mom, sister, and the twins. Their conversation comes over my suits speakers. "I'm here dad, you can stop terrorizing my family now." "Wow Elizabeth, no loving hug for your dad?" He still has the same voice machine he used in Riverdale, the creepy voice makes my blood run cold. "Dad? No. You're not my father, you're a monster." I find Peter in the crowd, he's looking at them talk. He must be listening through his suit too. "I'm a monster Betty? If I'm a monster than your something even worse." I clench my fist. I look over at Peter and see him doing the same. "There's no way I'm worse than you. I don't kill innocent people." "Oh Betty. Don't play innocent." "I'm not." "Shall I bring up the time you and your mother hid the mans body in a storm drain?" I look around, all the people with suits glance towards me. Dang it, they must be listening in. I don't look at Peter. I can't. "He tried to kill mom and Chic! And I didn't kill him that was mom!" "But you hid the body Betty! That makes you just as guilty." "I-" "Or what about the time you tortured Chuck Clayton? When you almost boiled him alive." "I-I-I had control, he wasn't even close to dying! You killed innocent people! So many of them!" "They were sinners Betty, they had to die. You should understand that! The darkness I have is in you too." "I am nothing like you." "Betty join me. Help me cleanse Riverdale of it's sin." "I would never help you." "Well if your not doing that. Then you die."

He pulls out a gun, but before he lifts it. Mr Stark pushes a button and makes a grenade go off in a near by tree. While my dad is in shock staring at the tree Talos transforms and backs up. While he backs up all of us run forward. My dad looks at Talos, and then at us. "D*m* it! I should of known Betty didn't have the guts to come." We all stand around him guns, and weapons all pointed towards him. "Show's over Hal! Where's Hydra and Betty's family?!" Tony yells. The black hood laughs. "Your not the only one's who had a plan." "What the hell are you talking about Hal? We had men search the perimeter. There's no living soul for miles." Tony says. "Hal? Oh no I'm not Hal. Your not the only ones who sent in a stunt double.

They slowly pull off the hood, and shake their hair out. My breath catches in my throat and I feel like I'm going to cry. I take a few steps towards them. "Polly?"

*
*
*
Wooshhh. Plot twist?