Out Of Gas// Chapter 16

I forgot to wish you all a Merry Christmas yesterday! I'm sorry about that! So Merry (late) Christmas! I hope you all had a great day!

Also Note: The scene in this chapter is inspired by a scene in  naaturaldisaster  's book Sting. It's not exactly the same, but a main part is inspired by them!
*
*
*

Peter's POV

"We're out of gas" I say. I mentally curse myself dang it Peter! You knew the restaurant was an hour away why didn't you fill the tank!? "What are we going to do Peter? The nearest gas station is 45 minutes away, and it's pouring down rain!" I sigh and rub my temple "I guess we call aunt May and ask her to pick us up." "We can't do that Peter, she's busy." This confused me May never said anything about going out "What do you mean Betty? She didn't tell me anything." Betty goes pale "Um well I-I assume she's busy..." "Betty what is aunt May doing tonight? Obviously you know something I don't." "I promised her I wouldn't tell you." "Betty I deserve to know, just tell me I won't be mad." "Peter-" I make a puppy dog face at her. She breaks "She's... on a date." My face falls. She's on a date? What about uncle Ben? Doesn't she love him still? It's only been 2 years since he...died. "With who?" I ask as I choke back tears "With...Happy" This breaks me. Not only is she done with uncle Ben, she chooses someone I know! That just hurts even more! I don't say anything as I get out of my car. I just open the door and walk out. I sit on the hood. And that's when the tears come. I cry for a minute or two and then Betty comes out and sits next to me "Peter?" I don't respond I just grab her and sob into her shoulder. She puts her warm arms around me and just holds me. She doesn't say anything, she just holds me. I cry "My uncle Ben-" I let out a sob "How can she not love him anymore?!" "She does still love him Peter. She's just found another person to love." "What do you mean?" "She still loves your uncle Peter, but it's not the same love you give to someone who's alive. It's a mourning love, a love that misses them. She can give Happy love, and get love back, she can talk to him and he can talk to her." I nod kind of understanding "Yeah I guess so..." "And just think Peter, she's dating someone you know and are familiar with. Someone you already care about, and someone who cares about you." I sniffle and smile a bit "I do like Happy, him and Mr Stark are like fathers to me." She smiles too "See! And just think May can make Happy happy." I laugh at her bad joke "Your right, thanks Betty." "Anytime Parker." she rubs my back in a caring way. "We should still just text May what happened. And I guess just sleep in the car?" I suggest "Ok. I'll text her." Betty texts May. "Wait Peter, we don't have any blankets."  I sigh "Your right. I guess we'll have to use body heat." "Body heat?" "Yeah, we can both sleep in the backseat and keep each other warm. Unless that makes you uncomfortable, I can sleep in the fro-" "Peter it doesn't make me uncomfortable, we can share that backseat." And so we do, I let her climb in and have the side by the back rest of the seat, hoping it'll keep her warmer. And then I climb in. We lay facing each other. She slowly puts her arms around me and I do the same to her. Then she lays her head in my chest. I feel her smiling, which causes me to smile too. "Peter tell me what it's like being, Spiderman."

*
*
*
Lot's of Petty in this chapter...Yay! But... how does Betty know Peter is Spiderman???