Gym Class// Chapter 4

Betty's POV:

When we walked into the gym I imedienly saw Flash glaring at Peter holding a dodge ball. Of course he's going after Peter for my comment. Pathetic. "Flash are you scared of me or something?" I was feeling quite sassy today. He looked at me fuming but also some what frightened "Why would I be scared of you?" "Well I'm the one who completely roasted you in the hallways yet your glaring at Peter. It just doesn't make sense." I smiled at him. He rolled his eyes and walked away. Mj slung her arm around my shoulder "You're my new best friend." I smiled and put my arm around her, "And you're now my best friend." We walked to the locker room together leaving Peter and Ned behind. Peter and I were on the same team but Ned and Mj were on the opposite one...with Flash. Flash was aiming all his shots at Peter but he blocked them easily. Peter has scary fast reflexes. Flash got tired of Peter dodging and found his new target..me. He threw the first one and almost hit me but I used my powers to block it. Peter smirked at me, because he knew what I was doing. Once Peter knew I was using my powers it was game over for the other team. We blocked and covered each other all while throwing the dodge balls and getting the other players out. Pretty soon it was just Peter and I on our team and Flash and some girl I didn't know on the other team. I threw the ball at the girl and she tried to catch it but she fumbled and that left just me, Peter, and Flash. Flash aimed the ball at Peter and he went to catch it but he started to trip. So I jumped in front of him and caught the ball, without even having to use my powers. I had jumped on the ground while catching it so now I was laying on the floor exasted. Peter suddenly appeared standing over me smiling, "Nice catch Cooper." I smiled back and took his hand which he extended out to me, "You weren't so bad yourself Parker." Once I was off the ground Ned and Mj came over to congratulate Peter and I on winning the game. "You guys were awesome! You were a total dream team!" I laughed "Thank you Ned." Flash came up to us looking stupid as always, "Wow Betty you've got skills to bad you chose to hang out with these losers instead of me." "Eh I'd pick losers over brainless jerks any day" I fake smiled at him. He glared and walked away. I turned to my friends "sorry I kinda called you losers." Peter smiled "Its alright because we're actually losers." "Well then I guess I'm a loser too" I stated proudly. Mj added "We are officially the losers club." When she said that it gave me a great idea, "We should have a party! Just us 4 though, so not really a party but just as fun!" They all smiled at me "That sounds awesome when should we do it?" "Well Peter and I have the Stark internship tonight so how about after that." "Wait wait one second, your in the Stark internship too?" Ned looked at me suspiciously and I was worried he knew about my powers. "Uh yes I am that's why I'm here in Queens actually." He was going to say more but the girl who was one of the last 2 from the other team showed up, "Nice game new girl." "Thanks I'm Betty." I held out my hand and she shook it, "I'm Midge."I gasped and stumbled backwards as the memory of Midge Mason dead on opening night of Carrie filled my brain along with the face of my father. It must have been apparent I was shaken up after she had walked away because my friends looked at me concerned. Peter grabbed my shoulder gently "Are you alright?" "I'm fine just remembered something, it's not important, we should go get ready for the party." Ned and Mj looked satisfied as we walked outside to our separate cars but Peter was staring at me concerned as we got into his car. I decided to look down to prevent myself from telling Peter everything about what happened in Riverdale.

*
*
*
Sorry this is kinda short. The next chapter will be Betty's first day of the "Internship."