Road To Recovery// Chapter 23

Betty's POV

They don't respond so I repeat myself "What do you mean? I can't use my powers anymore?" One of them slowly walks to my bedside and I hear him sit down. He takes my hand and it's unfamiliar so it has to be Mr Stark and not Peter. "Betty, you've suffered a great deal of head damage. You've damaged your brain to the point where you've temporarily lost your vision. And if you use your powers, even just for a small object... Well you'd most likely be permanently blind. And if you used it to lift a huge object, well that would cause such a huge strain... That would cause your brain to shut down." Tony sighs as he finishes explaining, and I gasp "So your saying that using my powers for something small, would make me blind... Forever. And if I use them for something big... My brain will shut down... And I'll die?" He sighs again "Well yes. But there is a chance that if you did it wouldn't shut down completely, it'd just weaken it. But that's not a chance that we can take." I nod "Thanks for telling me, Mr Stark. I'm glad your not one of the adults who keep things away from us, because we're young." He sighs "You shouldn't thank me. This is all my fault, I should have expected this." I squeeze his hand "Mr Stark, don't you dare blame yourself. It's my fault, I shouldn't have been careless. And besides you were saying my... Blindness... Is temporary, is that true?" "It is, as long as you rest and don't push yourself to hard." I smile "That's amazing. I was so scared..." "Now that I've informed you about your health situation, I have to prepare you for what you need to tell your friends." "Ok, what should I say?" "Well star-" Someone enters the room in a rush "Tony! We have a situation! It's an emergency!" I recognize the voice, it's Pepper. He squeezes my hand again, "I'll check on you later Blondie." I smile at his nickname for me, "Peter keep her company?" "Of course." Mr Stark leaves. "Peter? I thought you left, I didn't hear you say a single word since I've been awake." "I didnt know what to say." "Well start with coming over here and giving me a hug because I've missed you." He walks over and hugs me. I feel for the edge of my blanket and lift it. "Get in here." He follow my instruction and immediately puts his arms around me. I lay my head on his chest. We're silent for a few minutes. "Betty?" "Mhm?" "I'm sorry. I should have swung you to your training, it's all my fault your hurt." "Peter, it's not your fault. Didn't you hear what I told Mr Stark? It was my fault, stop blameing yourself." "But-" "No buts Peter. I'm fine now, that's all that matters." He's quiet for a minute "I was so scared, I thought I lost you." "Your stuck with me Parker." I feel for his face and once I find it I pull myself up to kiss him. We laugh as I accidentally kiss his chin because I can't see. But then I try to kiss him again and this time I succeed. I kiss him sweetly and pull away smiling. I lay on his chest again, and before I know it, I'm asleep. 

Tony's POV (Yes you read that right)

I walk into my office and close the door "Pepper, what's wrong?" She rubs her temple just like she always does when she's stressed. "It's Hal Cooper. He broke into Hydra headquarters." My mouth dropped open "How in the hell did he find it?" "Some crazy billionaire, knows about it and told him." "Who??" "Hiram Lodge" "Of course it was him. That bastard!" I punch the table, Pepper jumps in surprise, I take a deeo breath to calm down. "Sorry. How did he even get in?" "He had a gang with him, called the Ghoulies." "How much damage is done?" "You might want to sit down." So I do, and she begins to tell me what happened. "Hydra developed something similar to the Teseract. And he stole it." I gasp, but she continues "That's not the worst part. The worst part is that he has... About 1,000 hydra soldiers under his mind control."

*
*
*
Dun dun dunnnnn. So that was rushed so it probably sucks. But I'm sick so I don't have the patience. BUT I'M SO HAPPY CAUSE THIS BOOK HAS OVER 4K VIEWS!!!!! THANK YOU ALL SOM MUCH!!!