I Like-//Chapter 12

Betty's POV

I stood in my room and waited for Peter to finish talking to May. When he went in his room, I left mine and knocked on his door. "Come in" I heard him say. "Hey Peter. "Oh hey Betty what's up?" "Where were you this morning?" "I was with Mr Stark for the internship" "Why didn't he need me?" "Well he's trying to ease you into using your powers, and besides we have 2 different types of internships." "You've never told me about what you do for the Internship." He started to look nervous "Oh you know basic little things." I raised my eyebrow "Ok then" "Anyways enough about that. Do you want to go do something?" "Like what?" "Coffee?" "That sounds nice but May said she wanted to have a girls day." "Oh she won't mind, please just say yes." He looked at me with puppy dog eyes "Fine." He smiled "Great let's go." 

Peter drove us to a small coffee shop and we went in and found a comfortable table. Peter went to order our drinks, so I took the opportunity to text Veronica.

B: When does your plane land tomorrow?

V: 10:00 sharp.

B: Am or Pm?

V: Pm. So I'll won't be able to see you untill the day after😭

B: That sucks, but at least you'll be able to spend time with your tia.

V: True.

V: Do you want to get dinner with me on Thursday night?

B: Of course.

V: Ok it'll be at one of the more exclusive one's so dress nice, ok?

B: Ok

V: Oh and bring your new friend.

B: Peter?

V: No the girl.

B: Mj?

V: Yes her.

B: Ok. I'll see if she wants to go.

V: I have to go finish packing. Love you B.

B: Love you too V.

I set my phone down and started to get nervous. Mixing my Riverdale and New York best friend seems like the recipe for disaster. A minute later Peter came with are drinks. I smiled "Thank you" "Of course." I racked my brain for conversation starters but he beat me to staring one "How do you like New York so far?" "I'm enjoying it a lot. It's so much bigger than Riverdale." He smiled with understanding. I took the opportunity to flirt a little bit, "And there's a lot of cute guys here." He looked a mix of nervous and hopeful "Oh yeah, do you like one in particular?" I took a sip of my drink and nodded. "Do you mind if I ask who?" "Oh I like Flash." His mouth dropped open and he looked upset "Flash?" I laughed at him "I'm kidding, it's not Flash." He sighed in relief "Then who?" I took a deep breath and prepared to tell him "I like-" I was cut off by his watch. He looked at it and his eyes widened. "Betty, I'm so sorry but I have to go Mr Stark needs me." "Oh ok" I frowned. I watched him leave in a rush. I sighed and finished my drink "Boys."

Peter's POV

I looked at my watch one last time as I waited for the elevator to stop at Mr Starks office. It read "Peter get to my office now! It's important!" I knew it was something big because he would have told me if it was for Spiderman. But this one was for me, just me. I practically sprinted to his office. I knocked and to my surprise Pepper let me in. She smiled sadly at me "Hi Peter" "Hi." She let me in and I slowly walked to Mr Starks desk. "Mr Stark?" He looked up from his computer but didn't say anything. "Mr Stark? What's wrong?" He took a breath "Kid it's about Betty." My heart started to race "What's going on?" He took another breath, "Hal Cooper has escaped from prison, and kidnapped Alice Cooper."

*
*
*
DUN DUN DUNNNN