An Awful Lot Of Kids

The rest of Jenny's morning was just as stressfull, as she had feared. Everyone seemed to want to talk to her, mainly about Albus. But she wasn't one to gossip.
"Jen- Professor!" Called Rose, as Jenny was passing the table, handing out timetables.
"Yes Rose? Nice save by the way" replied Jenny, turning to face her.
"Is Albus really in Slytherin?"
"Rose Granger-Weasley. You know the rules better than anyone here. I'm sure you are aware that the Sorting Hat's word is final. There is no way to swap houses"
"I know. I just hoped something had changed"
"You care about your cousin, that's obvious. But he's been placed in the house that best represent his soul, and there is nothing either of us can do, to change that".

Rose nodded, and turned her attention back to her breakfast.
"Good morning Auntie".
Jenny sighed, before turning round to face James. She hated it when he called her that at school, as he always did it, to annoy her.
"You know you can't call me that here, James" muttered Jenny.
James grinned. "Oops".
"It seems that you haven't changed. I thought maybe you might have matured over the summer. I guess I'm wrong"
"I'm never going to change"
"Shame".
James's expression changed and he looked serious.
"How is Albus?" He asked quietly.
"Why are you asking me? I'm not the Head of Slytherin" replied Jenny.
"I know. But you're family"
"Well, as it turns out, I have been speaking to Albus. And he's not doing to so good. So, if you could be nice to him, for a change, that would really help".

Once James had sat down next to Dominique, Jenny thought she was done talking to family members. As Roxanne, and Fred didn't seem in any hurry to talk to her. And she didn't really talk to those, in the other houses.
That was until Victorie approached her, from the Ravenclaw table.
"Good morning Victorie" said Jenny pleasantly, despite not really liking Fleur and her eldest daughter. Because of their Veela tendancies.
"Hello Professor" replied Victorie politely.
"How can I help you?"
"I have a note, and I was wondering if you could give it to Teddy"
"You could just send him an owl"
"I wouldn't know where to send it. He always sleeps somewhere different at the start of term. His house. Your house. Your cottage, Harry's house..."
"Fine. I'll take your little love note" snapped Jenny.

Victorie frowned as she handed over the parchement, and returned to her table.
Jenny went and sat down at the staff table, and began to try and eat some toast.
But her eyes kept drifting over to Albus, who was being encouraged to eat some porridge by Scorpius Malfoy.
Jenny's hatred of the Malfoy family, meant that she wasn't happy her nephew was hanging out with the Death Eaters son. But so far he had proved to be kind, unlike his cruel father, and grandfather.

Myra poked Jenny's arm with her wand.
"Oi. Stop staring at him, you'll make him even more anxious, if he sees you" she warned.
Jenny rolled her head towards Myra.
"I'm nervous for him. He's only 11, I'm worried about how he will react to the bullies. I know how cruel other kids can be" replied Jenny.
"I promised you that I would keep an eye on him, and I will. You need to focus on your own house, and your Deputy Head duties"
"Eugh, don't remind me. Do you know how many nephews and nieces I now have at Hogwarts, and in my house?"
"No"
"8. 8 family members in Hogwarts. 5 of which are in Gryffindor. And I've still got another 4 to come, in two years time".

"Wow. That's what happens when you marry someone with so many siblings" commented Myra.
"Yeah. At least all his brothers didn't have 7 children each. Think how many that would be all together" complained Jenny.
"Who have you got in Gryffindor, I forget?"
"Fred, James, Dominique, Roxanne, and now Rose"
"It's kind of good that you've got one in Slytherin then. To even it out".
Jenny raised an eyebrow at Myra, and frowned.
"You're right, it's not a good thing. I was being silly" continued Myra.
"I've no idea what I'm going to tell him later. How can I tell him that everyone is going to be cautious around him forever, because he's a Slytherin?" Questioned Jenny.
"I honestly don't know. But I'm sure you'll come up with something. You're good at that".

"I've always been more of a fighter, than a talker. But I guess I can't fight this problem away" admitted Jenny.
"No, and fighting at your age probably isn't a good idea" teased Myra.
"Oi. You're not much younger than me. And anyway, Minerva was like twice my age, when she fought in the battle of Hogwarts. So age isn't everything"
"It's so easy to wind you up"
"You are such a pain"
"Yep"
"Well I can't sit here any more, worrying, and letting you annoy me. I've got to get up and do something. I'm going to set up for my first class. I'll see you at break"
"Alright, see you later Jenny".

Jenny had just reached her classroom door, when someone stopped her.
"Ah, Jenny. I was hoping to catch you before classes started. Are you free to come to my office for a meeting this evening?" Minerva asked.
Jenny bit her lip. It was hard to refuse the Headmistress, but she had no choice.
"I'm sorry Minerva, but I've already promised Albus that I would have a chat with him tonight" explained Jenny.
"I see. Well, it's good that you are consoleing the boy. I expect he had quite a shock yesterday. I don't think anyone was expecting him to be placed in Slytherin"
"Yes, he didn't have an easy night".

"Well, you can come to my office once you've spoken to him. Unless it's really late, then we will have to speak tomorrow" said Minerva.
"Of course Minerva. I know you will want to hear about the arrangements I've made for the tournament" Jenny replied.
"Yes, I do. But lets not talk anymore here. It's not safe... Good day Jenny"
"See you later Minerva".
McGonagall bowed her head, and continued on her journey, leaving Jenny alone, to prepare the room for her first class, with Albus and Scorpius.