Back At The Start

When Jenny opened her eyes, she found herself lying on a bed inside a white room, surrounded by several figures.
Jenny groaned when she realised where she was.
After spending most of her childhood in that room in St Mungo's, she recognised it immediately. She almost felt as if nothing had changed, and she was back to being a regular patient at the hospital.
As Jenny tried to push herself up into a sitting position, she started feeling very out of breath, and she couldn't think why breathing was suddenly so difficult.
She blinked hard before opening her eyes properly and trying to focus on the people in the room with her.
Harry and Charlie were both stood next to each other on the left hand side of the bed.
There was a lady in white on her right, who Jenny didn't recognise, but assumed was the Healer who had been assigned to watch over her.

"What happened? How did I end up here?" Questioned Jenny.
"You don't remember?" Quizzed Harry.
"I was at Hogwarts, overseeing the final task. I remember we had to do 2 extra duels because there were several schools that were drawing. But that's all I remember"
"One of the students who lost his duel, became angry with you. He would've destroyed everything and everyone in the Great Hall if you hadn't stopped him with your quick thinking. Unfortunately you got yourself badly injured in the process"
"How long have I been here?"
"Only a few hours. It's almost midnight"
"That's alright then. I've lost days and years before, due to being knocked unconscious. So this isn't that bad".
Harry didn't smile, so Jenny looked over at the Healer.
"Are my injuries serious?" She asked.
The Healer opened her mouth to speak, but Harry interupted her.
"Could we have a few minutes alone?".
The Healer nodded her head and exited the room.

"What aren't you telling me?" Questioned Jenny, looking from Harry to Charlie.
"When the champion lost control, he sent a burst of electric like energy throughout the room. When this energy hit your body, you had a heartattack" revealed Harry.
"I see. Well, it can't have been a major one, because I'm still alive" replied Jenny.
"It wasn't a necessarily big one. But the damage the heartattack caused was bad" admitted Harry.
"You've got a tear in your heart, Jen. Which is why I expect you're feeling a bit out of breath. Your heart can't pump enough blood and oxygen around your body" Charlie revealed.
"I see. Can it be fixed?" Quizzed Jenny.
Harry shook his head, "I'm afraid not".
"Well there must be something someone can do"
"In a healthy person the heart would fix the tear by itself"
"And I'm not a healthy person?"
"No. Your body has already been through so much, that the Healers don't think it will be able to fix itself".

"Right... How long do I have then?" Asked Jenny.
"No one knows for sure. It could be days or weeks. It just depends on how things go" answered Harry.
"But death is certain?"
"Yes"
"Well everyone dies eventually. Some earlier than others. At least I have some time to set my affairs in order before I go".
Charlie began to cry, and Jenny motioned for him to take her hand.
"I don't want to lose you Jen" he sobbed as he sunk to his knees.
"And I don't want to leave you. But we both knew I was not going to live a long life, after everything I've been through" reminded Jenny.

"Aunt Jenny I- I don't know what to say" admitted Harry, who Jenny could tell was trying to be strong, despite how he was feeling.
"You don't have to say anything Harry" replied Jenny.
"But you're the only family member I have, who's older than me, and for a while you were all I had. And I don't want to lose you either"
"I know. But neither of us can stop death Harry, if we could, then you would have grown up with two loving parents... And now at long last I have the chance to join them and the rest of the Marauders"
"I just wish I could do something to save you. But I feel so useless"
"There's nothing you can do to stop this. But there are a few things you can do for me"
"Anything".

"Can you take over my Defense Against the Dark Arts classes, at least until Christmas? I don't want my students grades to suffer. And I know you'll love being back at Hogwarts. Maybe you will find that you like it so much that you'll quit your job as an Auror and take the job perminantly" admitted Jenny.
"I don't know about that. But I will definately take over from you until McGonagall can find a replacement, if that is what you want" replied Harry.
"It is. I also need another favour from both of you"
"What is it?"
"I need you to get me out of here. I don't care how you do it, but I'm not spending another moment in this room. I've spent far too much time in hospital, and this room in particular. If I'm going to die, then I want to die in my home at the Potter manor. If there's nothing the Healers can do for me, then I don't need to stay here"
"I will talk to the Healers and see if they can discharge you in the morning"
"Thank you".

"Is there anything else you want or need?" Asked Charlie, as Harry left the room to find a Healer.
"Does Sky know about me?" Questioned Jenny.
"Andromeda is trying to get hold of her and Teddy as we speak, but it's not easy, as we don't know exactly where they are" admitted Charlie.
"Well Andromeda is a determined woman. I'm sure she won't rest until she has contacted both Sky and Teddy"
"I think you're right... Sky isn't the only one who cares about you though. There's a dozen or so people in the waiting room outside, who want to talk to you?"
"Really? Who's outside then?"
"Mcgonagall, Myra, Albus, James, my mother and father, Ginny, Lily, Dominique and some girl named Charity, the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, all of the Hogwarts school champions, also the foreign boy who you protected when the other boy exploded after the duel".

"What happened to him? Dulani, the Uagadou student who lost his temper?" Questioned Jenny curiously.
"He's being held at Hogwarts. Several teachers and Minsitry officials are watching him carefully" answered Charlie.
"I meant is he O.K?"
"I believe so. Why do you care so much about someone who has just killed you?"
"Because he's just a boy. He didn't mean to do what he did, he just lost control. He doesn't deserve to be punished too harshly for his actions"
"You're mad"
"Well, I am the one he hurt, so I should have some say over what happens to him"
"If that's what you want... Do you want to talk to the people outside?"
"Not right now. Once I'm back home and in my own bed, then I will allow visitors to come and see me"
"O.K, I'll tell them all to go once Harry's back here. I don't want you to be alone, even for a second"
"So thoughtful of you... I love you Charlie"
"I love you too Jenny".