Tickle The Pear

To everyone's surprise, when the third week of challenges concluded, Hogwarts was in first place with a score of 4 points.
This raised the mood at Hogwarts considerably, and everyone from students to teachers was hopeful and optimistic that the school would win the competition.
Jenny however, knew that there were still many events to go, so was aware that Hogwarts's lead could easily disappear.
She was also rather anxious, as the challenges in her subject were approaching, and if the Hogwarts student lost both of them, it would relfect badly on her as a teacher.
And even though she was meant to be impartial, Jenny started giving Thomas Bulstrode private lessons, to increase his chances of winning. Which was not something she enjoyed doing, as she normally tried to keep her distance from the Slytherins, particularly those in their 7th year. But her desire to help Hogwarts win the tournament, over-rided her house pride.

After one of her late night study sessions with Thomas, before the Astronomy challenge that night, Jenny bumped into Albus and Scorpius who were creeping quietly down one of the corridors.
"What are you two doing lurking about down here?" She questioned, folding her arms and looking sternly down at them.
"Nothing" replied Albus quickly.
"Albus, maybe she can help us" whispered Scorpius.
"Help you with what?" Asked Jenny.
"Do you know where the entrance to the kitchens is?" Quizzed Scorpius.
"Of course. Why do you two want to know?"
"The Slytherins are throwing a party in our common room to wish Thomas good luck, since it's his first challenge tomorrow night. And me and Albus volunteered to help get some food for the party".
"We thought it might help us get accepted more by the people in our house" admitted Albus quietly.
"But the problem is that we don't know how to get into the kitchens" sighed Scorpius.

"Well I'm telling you now that they're not here. The kitchens are under the Great Hall" revealed Jenny.
"Thank you Aunt- Professor" replied Albus.
"Simply knowing where the kitchens are isn't enough to get you inside" admitted Jenny.
"Then how do we get inside?"
"You know that students aren't meant to know how to get inside"
"But we won't tell anyone, we promise. And if we're the only ones with this knowledge we'll be really popular in our house"
"I suppose if it will help you fit in, I could tell you how to get in. I know the Marauders and the Weasley twins used to the visit the kitchens all the time, thanks to the help of the Marauders Map. Your father too, used to sneak around the school at night. And since I gave the map to your brother James, I should help you too".

"So, the kitchens are under the Great Hall?" Asked Scorpius.
"Yes. The corridor is covered in different pictures of food. You need to approach the portrait of the bowl of fruit and tickle the pear" revealed Jenny.
"Tickle the pear?" Giggled Scorpius.
"Yes, tickle the pear and it will turn into a door handle which you can turn to gain access to the kitchens".
"And how do you suggest we steal some food?" Questioned Albus.
"Oh you won't need to steal anything. The house-elves who work there are more than happy to give the food away. Just tell them what you want, and they'll get it for you in no time" admitted Jenny.
"Really?"
"Really. But if they don't, just tell them that you have my permission. Although I have to admit that having a party on a school night is probably not a good idea, as you all have classes tomorrow. But since the Gryffindor parties are huge events, and I let them happen no matter what day of the week it is, I suppose I can turn a blind eye to yours".

"Thank you. You really are the best teacher ever" admitted Scorpius.
"I don't know about that. But I do let a lot of things go, that other teachers wouldn't. I've hardly given out any detentions since this tournament began, because I haven't got the time to sit for hours with misbehaving students" revealed Jenny.
"All of the students think you're really cool. They like that you aren't as strict as the other teachers, and that you call us by our first names"
"It's what I've always done. When I started I liked to think I was young and trendy, and I guess I never really grew up"
"That's what makes you the best teacher"
"Thank you".

"Now, you two had better run along and make your way towards the kitchens" continued Jenny.
"Thanks Professor" grinned Scorpius.
"You're welcome. Enjoy your party"
"We will".
Scorpius turned to go, but instead of joining him, Albus suddenly threw his arms around Jenny, wrapping her in a tight hug.
"Hey, what's this for?" Jenny asked.
Albus let Jenny go and took a step back awkwardly, "For being kind to me, and helping me through my first few weeks at school".
"Well, you're welcome" replied Jenny.
"You didn't have to help me, since I'm not in your house, but you chose to anyway, so thank you"
"You're my family, even if you're in Slytherin. I put my family first, above everything else. I guess that's because for so long I didn't really have a family, but now that I do have one, I will do whatever it takes to keep them safe and happy... Now get going, you don't want the other Slytherins to think that you can't complete the task".