Seven Schools

In no time at all, the foreign students arrived at Hogwarts, ready for the start of the Academic School Championship.
On that day, it was Jenny's job to address those in the Great Hall, and welcome the guests to Hogwarts. She was desperate to make a good impression, as she wasn't just representing the school, but all of Britain.
"Good evening. It is my pleasure to welcome our guests, who will be staying with us for the next few weeks. As you all know, the tournament starts at the beginning of next week. And for those of you who need a reminder of the Hogwarts students who will be competing, I will announce all the names now. Victorie Weasley, Christopher Bell, Katherine Smith, Clara Jordan, Ebony Castelle, Jake Dumont, Thomas Bulstrode, and Ethen MacMillian" announced Jenny.

After taking a moment to let the information sink in, Jenny continued with her speech.
"Staring next monday, there will be an event held in this hall every evening, except weekends, until the tournament is over. And there will be 21 events. For those who want to know when certain events are happening, look on your noticeboards in your house common rooms. They will update themselves each day, so that you will know who won each challange. The only event that you will be able to watch will be the final challange, which is the practical test in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Which consists of several duels, between the 7 schools".
A murmer began throughout the room at this news, as the students began to whisper amongst themselves.

Jenny cleared her throat, and got the rooms attention back, so that she could continue.
"Now, this tournament isn't all about winning. All international school activities, are about forming new alliances, and making new friends. Which is why I expect you all to treat our guests well, and make sure that they feel welcome here.
From Beauxbatons, we have four students; Adeline, Alexandre, Beau, and Seymour. Castelbruxo has sent us 6 students; Ana, Julian, Maria, Patrica, Jose, and Lucas. From Durmstrang there are also 6 participants; Magnus, William, Nora, Thea, Markus, and Sven. Mahoutokoro has sent just 3 students; Aya, Gorou, and Hana. From Uagadou there are only 2 students competing; Dulani and Mesi. And lastly we have Ilvermorney, which has sent 8 students; Matthew, Addison, Grace, Jayden, Logan, Emma, Aiden, and Samantha.
I know you will do your best to be kind to our guests. And I wish all the schools good luck.
Now, off to bed all of you and try to get some sleep. You're going to need it as we all have several exciting weeks in front of us".

Once Jenny's speech was done she sat back down at the staff table as the students began to filter from the room. Including the foreign guests and their guardians, who were accompanying the students.
"Well done" whispered Myra.
"That was stressfull" admitted Jenny.
"You did though"
"I've practiced that speech a dozen times today, as I kept getting the names wrong"
"Well they are hard to say. But don't worry, you got them all right just now"
"Thank Merlin. I would've been so embarressed if I'd messed up in front of all those people"
"Well there's still loads of other opportunities for you to embarress yourself"
"Thanks. Now I feel loads better"
"You're welcome".

"You know, I'm still surprised that you chose to have someone from my house represent your subject. When you told me, I couldn't quite believe it" continued Myra.
"Well the school rules say that we have to have someone from each of the 4 houses take part in the tournament. So we had to have at least one Slytherin in the mix. This year we've got 1 Slytherin, 3 Gryffindors, 3 Ravenclaws, and 1 Hufflepuff. We couldn't ignore your house" reminded Jenny.

Myra frowned and raised an eyebrow, since she knew Jenny wasn't telling the whole truth.
"Alright fine, I chose him because the best at my subject" sighed Jenny.
"Thank you. I know you hate admitting that my students are better than yours... He's the best at my subject too, which is why he was on my list as well. But you and Minerva made the final decison, you didn't have to pick any of the students I suggested" replied Myra.
"I know that we didn't have to. But we felt that the teachers know their subjects the best. And since Thomas was on my list as well as yours, we picked him to be one of the champions".

"He was very happy to be chosen. He came and thanked me in person when he found out" revealed Myra.
"He did?" Quizzed Jenny.
"Yes, and I had to remind him that it wasn't just down to me. He wouldn't have been chosen if you and the head didn't believe he had the chance to win"
"Well that's true, we wouldn't pick students that we didn't think could win"
"Do you think we will win the whole thing?"
"I'd say we have a good chance, since we have a lot of good students this year. But before the last competition, we hadn't won in 50 years, so I don't know"
"We won't lose will we? Because that would be embaressing, losing in our own terf"
"I agree. I hope that we don't lose, and we don't often come last, so I have a feeling we'll place in the top three. But I cannot say for certain that we will win"
"I guess we'll just have to wait and see".

"Yes... Anyway, I'd better get back to Charlie" sighed Jenny as she got up from the table.
"I don't expect you are going to see a lot of him over the next month" admitted Myra.
"I have a feeling that you might be right. Which is why I have to make the most of the time that I do have"
"Well, have a safe walk home. Think of me while you're enjoying yourself tonight, because I'll be marking homework all evening"
"Eugh, don't even remind me how much homework I've got to mark. I'm honestly not sure when I'll fit it all in. This tournament is taking up so much of my time".

"It might seem stressful, but I know you'll be O.K. I have faith in you. And once this competition is over, you will have all the time in the world to relax and spend time with Charlie" reminded Myra.
"Well, I'm going dream fondly of that day. But until then, I'm going to have a lot of late nights doing work ahead of me" sighed Jenny.
"Don't let me hold you up then"
"Alright, goodnight Myra"
"Goodnight Jenny".