Dream Team

"Look, I know you've got a lot on your mind at the moment. Especially since we didn't win the challenge last night. But I hope you haven't forgotten the most important thing that we do at this time of year?" Asked Myra during lunch the following day.
Jenny frowned, not understanding Myra's question.
"Quidditch. My Captain got his team all sorted yesterday, have you spoken to yours yet?" Continued Myra.
Jenny swore, "I completely forgot about that. I think my Captain held her tryouts at the end of last week, but I haven't had time to meet up with her".
"Well if you're too busy to focus on Quidditch, I have a feeling that I might win again this year" teased Myra.
"In your dreams"
"We'll see... I think I can see your Captain on the Gryffindor table. Why don't you have a quick chat with her before lessons start again"
"Good idea".

Jenny jumped up from her seat, made her way towards her house table, and approached the place where the 7th year girls were sitting.
"Lucile, could I have a quick word about the Quidditch team?" Asked Jenny.
"Of course Professor" replied the 7th year girl named Lucile Spry.
Jenny smiled and walked out of the hall with Lucile at her side.
"Sorry I haven't spoken to you yet this year, but I've had a lot on my mind, organising this tournament" apologised Jenny.
"That's alright Professor. This is my third year leading the team, so I should know what I'm doing by now" admitted Lucile.
"Yes, but you deserved better from your head of house, especially if we want to win the Quidditch cup back"
"That is the goal".

"So, who have you chosen for the team this year?" Questioned Jenny.
"Well aside from one new player, I've kept the team the same as last year. I decided not to change too much. It's next year when things will have to change, because two of us are 7th years at the moment, so you will lose us" reminded Lucile.
"Yes, I suppose I'll have to think of a new Captain to replace you next year"
"I'm sure you will choose wisely. Anyway, our Chasers are the same as before; James Potter, Dominique Weasley, and Carlton Hughs. The two Beaters are Fred Weasley and Brad Higgins who is a 7th year like me, so he'll be gone next year. I'm the Seeker as normal. And our new Keeper is another relation of yours; Roxanne Weasley. It turns out she's just as talented on the field as her older brother Fred".

"Roxanne is only a second year, are you sure she's up to the challenge?" Asked Jenny.
"Positive. I wouldn't have picked her if I wasn't sure" answered Lucile.
"Well I guess she has been Keeping for a while at home. We always try to get the kids in our families good in different positions, so that they could all potentially be on the team together" admitted Jenny.
"I have faith in my team this year, and I'm sure we'll win the cup back from Slytherin"
"Good. It's been with them for two years now, and I'm fed up with Myra Vance's constant gloating"
"Don't worry, this is our year, I'm sure of it"
"I'm glad to hear it. I won't hold you up anymore, I'll let you get back to your friends"
"Thank you Professor".

Once Lucile had gone, Jenny started to make her way back towards her classroom, ready for her next class. But before she could take one step, she was ambushed by James.
"Why were you talking to Lucile, Aunt Jenny?" Quizzed James, as he ran up beside her.
Jenny rolled her eyes at James' use of her first name, but couldn't be bothered to bring it up.
"I was talking about the Quidditch team" revealed Jenny.
"Are you proud that I got on the team again?"
"Honestly James, I assumed that you would be on it, since you've been a part of the team since your first year. And if you're lucky enough to get on when you're 11, you are likely to stay for all your years at Hogwarts".

"I'm just like my dad, he was the youngest Quidditch player in the century" boasted James.
"You are so keen to walk in your fathers footsteps" sighed Jenny.
"Actually I want to be better than him"
"Good luck with that"
"There is one thing I want to do better than him, and I need your help with it"
"What is it?"
"My dad became Quidditch Captain in his 6th year, right?"
"I believe so, yes"
"Well I want you to make me Captain next year, which means I'll be the Quidditch Captain in my 4th year, making me better than dad"
"James, there are two older students on your team remember"
"Age isn't everything. Besides, Fred is one of those students, and he doesn't want the responsibility of being Quidditch Captain, you know that".

"What about Carlton? He'll be in his 7th year next year, making him older and wiser than you" admitted Jenny.
"Because I joined the team in my 1st year, me and Carlton started at the same time, so he doesn't exactly have any more experience than me" replied James.
"You know, students don't usually ask their Head of House to make them Captain"
"Well if you don't ask you don't get. Come on, you know that I'm the perfect person to be Captain next year"
"I don't want to pick you when you're so young, and get accused of favouritism"
"That's stupid, you made Sky the Captain, and she's your daughter, that is definately favourtism and you didn't mind then".

"Careful James, you're talking to a teacher, we're not at home now, you can't talk to me that way" warned Jenny sternly.
James opened his mouth to protest, but stopped when he saw the look on Jenny's face.
"Yes, Professor" he mumbled.
"For your information, I was always going to make you Captain at some point. I just don't know if it will be next year, or the year after. If you really want to be Captain, you will have to show me how mature and responsible you can be throughout the rest of the year. And help your team to bring home a win"
"I promise I won't let you down"
"You'd better not. Now, be on your way, I've got a lesson to prepare for"
"O.K O.K, I'm going".