The Final Task

Jenny managed to convince Minerva to cancel lessons, not just for Monday, but for Tuesday as well. Since the Head could tell that the students were not going to be able to focus during either of those days.
On Monday, the house-elves cooked dinner earlier than normal, as this gave Jenny more time to prepare the hall for the final challenge.
Once the last few students had exited the Great Hall after dinner, Jenny flicked her wand causing the tables and benches, including the staff table, to vanish, as she would need all available space for the event that evening.
She then decorated the room with the banners, emblems, and colours from all of the 7 schools.
When that was done she headed down to the trophey room to retrieve the trophey that would be handed to the winning school.
After covering and securing the trophey in her office, Jenny got changed into her dress robes that she had placed there at the start of the day. She then returned to the Great Hall, and drew the large enchanted circle that the duels would be taking place in, with her wand, in the centre of the room.

In the next half an hour every single person at the school made their way into the hall.
The school champions were all stood together in one corner, while the rest of the Hogwarts students took up the rest of the space, leaving very little room for the teachers, guardians, and Ministry Officials who were also there.
However, there was one surprise Ministry Official that Jenny had not expected to see.
"Harry, what on earth are you doing here?" She questioned, as she approached her nephew.
"McGonagall asked me to come. This task is basically all about duelling, which is something I do for a living, as Head of the Auror department. I am also very famous for beating Voldemort in a duel, so it's probably nice for the foreign students to see someone like me, before they take part in their own little duels" replied Harry.
"Minerva asked you?" quizzed Jenny, not believing Harry's answer.
"Alright, I asked her if I could come, because I wanted to watch this, but she did say yes".

"I must say, it's a surprise to see you, but I am glad that you're here" admitted Jenny.
"Me too, it's always nice to be back at Hogwarts. I also like what you've done with the place. I mean, I assume that you did all this decorating?" smiled Harry.
"Yes I did. I have been very busy today"
"I can see that. It looks good".
"Thanks... Have you spoken to either of your sons yet?" Jenny questioned curiously.
"No, I haven't had time, I've only just arrived"
"Are you going to talk to them?"
"I expect James will make his way over in a minute to have a chat to me".

"I'm more concerned about Albus, and what you're going to say to him" admitted Jenny.
"Me and Albus need to have a proper sit down and long conversation, and this is not the right place to have it. We will talk, but not right now" replied Harry firmly.
Jenny frowned, "Fine... I'd better go, I need to talk to Minerva before I start this evenings challenge".
"Good luck" encouraged Harry.
"It's Thomas who needs luck and encouragement, since he's the one competing, not me, but thanks"
"You're welcome. If you were competing, you'd win this competition hands down"
"I don't know about that, but I appriciate the vote of confidence. Anyway, I'd better get going".

After talking to Minerva and getting the confirmation she needed to start the event, Jenny stepped into the middle of the golden circle she had drawn on the floor, and addressed those in the hall.
"Good evening, and welcome to the final challenge in the Academic School Championship. The winner of this task will claim the last point on offer for their school.
As it stands, Hogwarts is in 1st place with 5 points, Mahoutokoro and Uagadou both have 4 points, Castelobruxo have 3 points, Beauxbatons have 2 points, and Durmstrang and Ilvermorney have 1 point each" announced Jenny.
When each school was mentioned, the students at that school cheered loudly. None louder than Hogwarts, as that had the most amount of students.

"As you can see, I have drawn a circle in the centre of the room, this is the place where the duels will be taking place. The aim of the duel is to get your opponant outside the circle. The first person to place any part of their body outside the circle, will lose that particular duel. After dueling all of the champions, the student with the most wins at the end of the challenge will claim the last point for their school.
Now, although you are all permitted to watch this challenge, you are not allowed to interfer in any way, which is why I only let the champions bring their wands inside the room. If you did manage to sneak your wand in, you will not be able to use magic on anyone inside the circle, so don't even try. Once each duel starts no one on the outside circle, will be able to interfer with either of the champions, student or teacher, as there is powerful magic stopping that from happening" continued Jenny.
Myra caught Jenny's eye and grinned at her, as she knew that Jenny wasn't exactly telling the whole truth.

Jenny turned away from the Hogwarts students to face the school champions, "I will start each duel with green sparks and a loud bang from my wand, so you will be able to hear the start, without having to watch me. However, if I shoot up red sparks with my wand you will stop fighting immediately, because I will only do this if something is wrong. I will also remind you that only non lethal spells will be allowed. If I deem your spell too dangerous I will shoot up sparks with my wand and stop the challenge. If the spell is particularly bad, you will be disqualified from the whole challenge. Is that understood?".
The champions all nodded their heads.

"Good. When someone steps out of the circle, gold flames will erupt around the edge, signalling that the duel is over. These flames are harmless, so you don't need to worry about them... Now, will the champions from Hogwarts and Ilvermorney please take their places inside the circle, and prepare themselves" instructed Jenny.
Thomas, and a nervous looking boy named Logan, stepped away from the rest of the group, and made their way into the circle, gripping their wands tightly in their hands.
Once Jenny was sure that both students were ready, she raised her own wand and sent up green sparks into the air with a loud bang, signaling the start of the first duel of the evening.