In With A Chance

"Won't you please sit down?" Begged Charlie.
Jenny had returned home on Friday evening after the day's challenge, incredibly anxious, and she had been pacing around the living room for several minutes, before Charlie tried to stop her.
"Fine" muttered Jenny.
She sat down on the sofa beside him and immediately began bouncing her feet and tapping her knees together nervously.
"Look, I know you're nervous. But this behaviour isn't helping anyone" continued Charlie.
"I know, but I'm dying to know if we won tonights challenge" admitted Jenny.
"Well you won't find out until tomorrow and you're not planning to stay up all night are you?"
"I don't know. I'm not sure I will be able to get any sleep tonight, with all the thoughts that are flying through my head right now"
"Jen, you can't stay up that long, you need your sleep"
"Why? I don't have any lessons tomorrow, it's the weekend remember".

"I know, but staying awake will not help ease your mind or make you feel any better. You will just have to go to sleep like everyone else until tomorrow morning" said Charlie firmly.
"Fine... I didn't think I'd be this anxious" admitted Jenny.
"Neither did I, because you haven't exactly shown much interest in winning the competition until now"
"I don't care that much about winning the tournament, but I want Thomas to win at least one of the challenges in my subject"
"I understand. But if he doesn't, it doesn't mean that you are a bad teacher, it just means that one of the other schools was better"
"Hogwarts doesn't often win the Defense Against the Dark Arts challenges, I know, as the other schools, particularly Durmstrang, are very gifted in those areas. And normally this doesn't bother me, but this year it does, because we're hosting the tournament, and I've organised the whole thing. So I don't want people to think that I'm not a good teacher".

"You know that winning or losing this challenge doesn't say anything about you as a teacher, as it's all on the student competing in the task" reminded Charlie.
"True. But I want him to win, so that people look highly at me. I have a big reputation to live up to, being the great Jennifer Potter, and I don't want to let anyone down" revealed Jenny.
"Trust me, no one is going to look down at you if you don't win" reassured Charlie as he squeezed Jenny's hand supportively.
"Thanks. I guess since we're coming to the end of the tournament, I'm getting a little nervous"
"I expect the students are feeling the same, especially Thomas, since the whole thing rests in his hands"
"Yes it does. Hogwarts is currently in 1st place, along with Uagadou and Mahoutokoro. All 3 schools have 4 points each, so these last 2 challenges are crucial, as they will determine who wins the whole thing".

"What happens if there is a draw?" Questioned Charlie.
"Then there will be a duel off. The 2 schools that are drawing will have one of their students duel the other, to create one winner" answered Jenny.
"And if there are 3 schools drawing?"
"Then each school will duel the other 2 seperately, until someone wins the most duels. It's very similar to how the last challenge will go on Monday. All the schools will duel each other, and the school with the most wins will get the point for that challenge. It will be obvious who won as everyone will know which school won the most duels, which is why the winners get announced that evening. And any extra duels that need to happen, take place that evening as well. All of the school will be there watching as well, which will be interesting as that hasn't happened in this competition yet. But one way or another, the tournament will end on Monday"
"Monday is going to be very busy for you then".

"Yes, I'm not looking forward to how stressful the day is going to be, but I am looking forward to not having to worry about this tournament anymore" admitted Jenny.
"Same here. I'm looking forward to getting you back in the evenings" replied Charlie.
"I know. I'm sorry that I've been so busy recently, and we haven't been able to spend much quality time together" apologised Jenny.
"It's O.K. I understand how important this event is. Not just for you or the school, but for all of Britain"
"Thank you for being so understanding. Not many husbands would be happy that their wife is spending so much time at work"
"Well I wouldn't say that I'm happy about it. But I'm not angry, and I'm certainly not going to stop you from doing what you need to do"
"You're the best husband ever".

"Thank you... After all this hard work you've put in, I want to see you come out on top. Do you think Hogwarts has a chance of winning this competition?" Asked Charlie.
"I don't know. Honestly it could go to any of the schools that have 4 points. Or a different school all together. Castelobruxo has 3 points, so if they win the next 2 challenges, they will have 5 points and will come 1st overall" replied Jenny.
"But do you think Hogwarts has it in them to win? Are we good enough?"
"I hope so. I've been giving Thomas private lessons this week to give him the best chance of winning the challenges in my subject. He didn't win either of his Potions ones, but that could've been because he was spending all his time with me and not Myra studying Potions... I would love it if we won, but I honestly don't know. At this point, it's anyone's game".