Tying Up Loose Ends

Once Jenny's last ever feast at Hogwarts had ended, Minerva dismissed all the students, but many stayed behind to say farewell to Jenny.
"We're going to win the Quidditch cup back this year, for you" promised Lucile Spry, the captain of the team.
"I'm glad that you've got some strong ambition and fighting spirit. But don't win for me, win for yourselves, and for Gryffindor" replied Jenny.
"You were always so supportive and helpful towards the team, which is why we want to fight, to win the cup back"
"Well, I would love nothing more than for you to win it back from those snakes. Provided that you don't cheat along the way".
Myra, who was standing across the room from Jenny, rolled her eyes, making Jenny smile.

Jenny eventually moved on from the Quidditch team, and approached Charity.
"I know I'm not leaving you at the best moment, but I promise that I will find a way to make your situation better, before I go" reassured Jenny.
"I'm not worried about myself Professor. I just don't want you to die" admitted Charity, who seemed on the verge of tears.
"Don't weep for me Charity. I have lived a long life, and now it is time for me to join my brothers. But don't worry, I will speak to the other teachers, and people at the Ministry on your behalf. I can't rest until I have sorted out your situation, and made it better. I couldn't go, knowing that you were still suffering".

"You don't have to spend some of your last moments worrying about me" said Charity.
"No, but I want to. And it is my choice what I do with the time that I have left" insisted Jenny.
"Thank you Professor. No one has ever cared about me like this before"
"You're welcome".
Jenny placed her hand on Charity's shoulder, and gave it a reassuring squeeze. She was tempted to hug the girl, but she restrained herself, as she didn't think it would help Charity, or the grief she was already feeling.

After leaving Charity, Jenny made her way over to one of the only Slytherins in the room; Thomas Bulstrode.
"I didn't expect to see you here" admitted Jenny.
"Just because I'm in Slytherin, it doesn't mean that I don't feel things. After all the help you gave me, in preparing for the Defense Against the Dark Arts challenges, how could I not thank you?" Asked Thomas.
"I guess when you put it like that, it makes complete sense that you're here"
"Look, I know you're not exactly the biggest fan of Slytherins, so I won't hold you long. I just wanted to say thanks for everything you did for me. You were a great teacher and I'm going to miss you. I just hope that I made you proud in the tournament"
"You did. And you were a good student. It's people like you who help break down my negative feelings towards Slytherin. You're a credit to your house".
Thomas nodded his head, accepting Jenny's compliments, before leaving the room alongside some of the other Hogwarts champions.

Jenny didn't have to decide who to talk to next, as Gorou from Mahoutokoro was already making his way towards her.
"You saved my life" he stated.
"Did I?" Questioned Jenny.
"In the dueling ring, you placed your body in front of mine, stopping Dulani's spell from hitting me. If you hadn't done that, I would be dead now" replied Gorou.
"I may have shielded you, but I wouldn't say that I saved your life, since Dulani's spell probably wouldn't have killed you"
"It's killed you"
"Yes, but I'm a lot older and more damaged than you. My body was already failing long before Dulani lost control of his spell. You probably would've healed quickly from its effects".

"He could've killed everyone in the room, but you acted quickly and protected them with a shield charm, while I just stood there uselessly" admitted Gorou guiltily.
"Hey, don't put any of the guilt onto yourself. If I hadn't goaded him after he lost the duel against you, then maybe he wouldn't have got so angry and lashed out" admitted Jenny.
"You didn't do anything wrong. He's the one who's a lunatic, and nearly got us all killed. They're shipping him back home tomorrow. I hope they lock him in a chest and throw away the key"
"We all do things that we don't mean, when we're angry or upset. I'm sure he regrets his actions now, and would take it back if he could"
"I doubt it".

"Do you know where he is now?" Asked Jenny.
"Back at the accomadation block. Apparently he wanted to come tonight, but no one would let him. He's been stripped of all his wins as well. Although they don't want to change the school rankings and put Uagadou last, they gave all his wins away to those who came second in that particular challenge. Which is why he wasn't on the list you read out, even though he won the Potions Theory and Ancient Runes challenges... They say that he wants to talk to you, athough no one is going to make that happen" admitted Gorou.
"Have you spoken to him?" Quizzed Jenny.
"The guardians made him say sorry to us all last night. But no one's been allowed to see or speak to him since then"
"I see. Well, if you'll excuse me, I have other people that I need to say goodbye to tonight"
"That's fine... I just wanted to say, thank you for saving me. I will never forget you or what you did".

****
"If I told you that this was a bad idea, would you even listen to me?" Questioned Harry.
The trio and Minerva were headed out of the castle towards the place where the foreign students were staying in a temporary building.
"No, I wouldn't" answered Jenny.
"Look Jen, maybe this isn't such a good idea. I mean, the boy killed you remember" replied Charlie.
"I'm still alive, aren't I? Besides, this is something I have to do. So you will just have to trust me, and let me talk to him alone" sighed Jenny.
"I just hope that this whole thing doesn't go pear shaped" muttered Harry.
"It can't get much worse than it already is. I am dying afterall" reminded Jenny.

Once inside the block, Minerva directed them all to where the Uagadou rooms were.
They could tell which one was Dulani's, as there were 2 guards standing outside the door.
After being allowed inside, Jenny found the boy sitting on his bed, with swollen red eyes, and bruises on his face and arms, which made Jenny understand the real reason he had guards outside him room. He had been beaten, and badly by the looks of things.
"Hello" said Jenny quietly.
"Professor Potter" gasped Dulani, as if seeing Jenny in his room was the biggest surprise he had ever had.
"What happened to you?" Asked Jenny, indicating to the bruises on his body.
"The other students and school champions were angry with what I did, so they hit me. But it doesn't matter. I deserved much worse" admitted Dulani.
"You made a mistake. We all make mistakes, none of us are perfect. And we often do things when we're angry, that we wouldn't normally do".

"I am so sorry. I did not mean to do it. I lost control. I never meant for it to happen. It knocked me out, what I did, and when I woke up, people were screaming and running around. Once you'd been taken out the room they turned on me, and it took all of the teachers to stop them from killing me. When they carried you out, I was sure that you were dead, because of me" sobbed Dulani.
Jenny looked at the student in front of her, and felt no anger, even though she was going to die soon because of him.
In the arena, he had seemed like such a dangerous threat. But the person in front of her, was no more than a boy. A scared boy who had acted out of impulse, and was now going to be facing those consequences for the rest of his life.
"Me and Mesi go home tomorrow. But the other champions are staying until the end of the week as planned. We're leaving early, because they want us out of the way, and your people want us back in our own country... The discipline back home is a lot stronger than here, so I'm not looking forward to going home" continued Dulani.

"Are you going to be expelled?" Asked Jenny curiously.
"Oh, that's going to happen for definate. My guardian can't expell me, but thet pretty much confirmed that when I get home, the Headmaster of Uagadou will expell me for sure" revealed Dulani.
"I'm sorry that you will be expelled, before ever getting the chance to do your exams, especially as you're such a bright student"
"You shouldn't feel sorry for me after everything I did to you. I am not afraid of being expelled, but of the punishments I will recieve once you have died"
"Will you be placed in jail?"
"At the very least, yes"
"But I don't want that. Surely as your victim, I have some say over your punishment?".

"Perhaps. But why would you want them to be nice to me?" Quizzed Dulani, confused by Jenny's compassion.
"Because I have already seen too much pain and suffering in this world, and I don't want any more to be done, in my name. All actions have consequences, I know that, and I feel that you should be punished. But I don't want your life to be over, as well as mine. You're just a student, you have so much life left to live. And I am going to make sure that you get the chance to live it" revealed Jenny.
"You are the strangest person I have ever met. Not many people would be so kind to their murderers" commented Dulani.
"But I'm not just anyone. I'm Jennifer bloody Potter, and what I say, goes. So the Ministry will agree to my demands, if they know what's good for them".