Too Many Plans

By the end of the week, it was clear that Albus Potter, was nothing like his father. He hadn't excelled in any subject, including flying. And the only thing he was even slightly good at, was potions.
Just as Jenny had suspected, the name-calling started almost straight away. She tried to stop students, when she heard them bullying Albus, but she couldn't be there all the time.
Some people thought that maybe Albus wasn't a Potter at all, as he didn't look that much like Harry. Which is one if the reasons the teasing started.
But Jenny knew Albus was her nephew's son.
Albus had Harry's eyes... Lily's beautiful green eyes, and he was the only one of Harry's children to have them.

Jenny sat in the chair opposite Minerva's desk, with a glass of wine in her hand, watching Falks clean his feathers.
The door behind her slammed against the wall, as it opened, but Jenny didn't bother turning round.
"Sorry I'm late" apologised Minerva, entering the room, and taking her place behind the desk.
Jenny sipped her drink. "That's fine".
"I thought you didn't drink"
"I've started to drink more recently"
"If I'd known putting you in charge, would cause you to drink again, I wouldn't have done it"
"I am allowed to have one drink, without becomming an alcoholic again Minerva".

Minerva raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. She looked down at her desk, and opened the folder in front of her.
"Have all of the schools sent you their numbers?" She asked.
"All but one. Ilvermorney said they needed more time. But all the other schools have let me know how many of their students will be attending" Jenny answered.
"This is all very officiant"
"Thanks. Sorry I didn't have it finished for our first meeting. But it's ready now"
"Good, good. Everything needs to go smoothly, otherwise our school, and our country, will look bad"
"You don't have to remind me. I know how much is riding on this tournament".

Jenny took another swig of wine, and sighed.
"It was much easier when we came last, then we didn't have to worry about organising the next tourney" she admitted.
"It may have been easier. But this tournament will be good for our whole country. The Academic School Championship, is a great opportunity for Hogwarts, and our students" replied Minerva.
"Yeah, but it was much easier to just send 4 or 5 students to a different country, instead of having 6 schools send their students here"
"Having students from other countries here, for a few months, will be good for all of our students, not just 4 or 5"
"Yeah, yeah. I know".

Jenny finished her wine, and placed the empty glass down on Minerva's table.
"I just hope no one dies" she muttered.
"Jennifer!" Snapped Minerva.
"Whoever hosts the tournament always gets accused of cheating. Usually by Durmstrang, and a fight often breaks out. You know it's true"
"This is why the teachers don't travel with their students anymore, to stop things like that from happening"
"Doesn't always work though, since they still have some from their country with them to escourt them"
"I know, but no one has ever died in this competition"
"Not yet"
"Maybe not. Which is why we are going to rely on you to keep everyone safe, while I'm leading the competition"
"I'll do my best".

"How is young Mr Potter settling down?" Minerva questioned.
Jenny shrugged, "I'm not his Head of House, so I can't say for sure. But he seems to be better than he was on the first day".
"Have you been having regular meetings with him this week?"
"I met with him twice, after his first day of lessons. But I've got a lot going on at the moment. He isn't the only family member I have to worry about"
"Of course. When do Sky and Teddy leave?"
"We have a leaving party for them tomorrow. Which you are welcome to attend. Then they leave the day after, on Sunday morning"
"You're going to miss them aren't you?"
"Yes. Just as I get used to having them around, they leave again".

"You struggle to let go" commented Minerva.
"Can you blame me?" Quizzed Jenny.
"No. After everything you've been through. It makes sense that you want to hold onto Sky"
"I can't have kids. So when she came into my life, I was thrilled. She is my only child, my world. The one person I can leave my fortune, and legacy to... I'm struggling to let her go off, and have her own life.
The first time she left, it was different, because Charlie went with her. And the second time, she had Bill with her. But this time, it's just her and Teddy. And I'm worried about her"
"All parents find it hard to let their children go. You are not alone".

Jenny reached forward for her glass, intending to refill it. But Minerva snatched the glass away, before she got there.
"I think you have had enough for today, don't you? I can't have my teachers getting intoxicated" she advised.
Jenny opened her mouth to protest, but closed it quickly.
"When you are Headmistress one day, there will be no one to tell you when to stop drinking. So I don't want you to pick up any bad habits now... I am only trying to look out for you" continued Minerva.
"I know" mumbled Jenny.
"Good. Now, hadn't you better get home, you've got a busy day tomorrow?"
"Yes... Thanks Minerva".

Jenny pushed herself off the chair, and made her way over to Falks, scratching his chin.
"This getting old business isn't fun. If only I could regenerate like a Phoenix, and come back with a new body" sighed Jenny.
"You think you're old now. Wait until you get to my age, then you'll be complaining. I've been teaching at this school, since before you were born" replied Minerva.
"Yes, but you didn't spend 14 years in a coma. I don't think my body ever really recovered after that"
"Well, being Headmistress isn't any easier than teaching. But there is certainly less standing up involved"
"You're not planning to give up yet, are you?"
"Not just yet. When I think you are ready, I will pass the buck over to you. So to speak"
"How will you know when I'm ready?"
"I'll know. Trust me, I'll know".