Party Guests

Jenny was just on her way home, to start setting up for Sky's leaving party, when she bumped into Albus.
"Oh. Good afternoon Albus" said Jenny.
"Hello... Professor, I was wondering if I could come to the party this evening, as it's the weekend?" replied Albus.
Jenny bit her lip awkwardly, "I'm sorry Albus, but that's just not possible. Students aren't allowed to leave the castle grounds".
"James is going"
"Well, James is a third year, and third years are allowed to visit Hogsmeade, which is where my cottage is. That's why he's able to come. I'm also his Head of house, so I gave him permission to come"
"You're also the Deputy Head. If you wanted me to come, you could have made an exception for me, and changed the rules"
"It's not that easy Albus. It was hard enough to get permission from Professor McGonagall to let James come"
"I guess dad doesn't mind seeing him. It's just me he wants to avoid".

Jenny folded her arms, "You aren't listening to me. This had nothing to do with Harry. This is a school matter".
"But I wanted to say goodbye to Sky and Teddy, before they left" Albus replied quietly.
"I'm sorry... But to be honest, you two have never been that close. Sky and James had one year of school together, and have always been quite close. I never got the feeling that you and Sky got on that well"
"She's my cousin"
"Yes, well you have a lot of those... Other students aren't allowed to go home for family parties, so you shouldn't be allowed either. I told your brother this, but you know what he's like with the rules"
"Yeah... I guess I'll be going then"
"Goodbye Albus. See you tomorrow".
It broke Jenny's heart to watch Albus turn and walk away, with his head down. But she knew she couldn't let him come.
If he came, it would make the party very awkward, and she didn't want that to be Sky's last memory of her family, before going away.

"Are you O.K?" Charlie questioned, when Jenny arrived home, and sat beside him on the sofa.
"Yeah. I walked into Albus before I left, and he wanted to come to the party. So I had to make up a load of excuses, for why he couldn't come" Jenny answered.
"Ah. That can't have been easy"
"No, it wasn't... Oh well, happy faces on. I want this party to go well. For Sky's sake"
"Is James walking down on his own? I expected him to come with you"
"No, the school wouldn't let him come on his own. He's going to walk down with Victorie and Dominique. Victorie is Head girl after all, so she was given the responsibilty of looking after the others"
"Fred and Roxanne not coming?"
"No. Since his brothers death, George has never really been around his family very much. I thought about inviting his kids, as James is friendly with them, but it's Sky's party, not James's. So I changed my mind".

"Are we going to put up banners?" Asked Charlie.
"Sky is all grown up now. I don't think she would appriciate being treated like a child, with balloons and banners" replied Jenny.
"Good call... I can't believe our little baby is all grown up, and ready to take on the world"
"I know. It seems like it was yesterday, when the Ministry official came over, and asked us if we wanted to adopt her"
"Yeah. That was a good day"
"We could never have done it without your mum though. Sky didn't come at a good time, as we were both about to start new jobs. But, we made it work, with Molly's help"
"We certainly did".

"Are the younger kids coming?" Questioned Jenny.
"If you mean Lily, Hugo, and Louie, then yes. I believe they are all coming with their parents" answered Charlie.
"It's going to be a bit of a squeeze. It's a shame we can't have the party at the manor. But the Hogwarts students, never would have made it over there, and Teddy wouldn't want a leaving party, without Victorie. It was hard enough getting permission for them to leave the school at night, to go into Hogsmeade"
"Are they going to stay here all night?"
"Yes. I had to promise that they would be looked after, and wouldn't have to walk back to the castle at a stupid hour in the morning. So I said that they could all sleep the night, and I would walk them back in the morning, just before 8"
"O.K. Oh, what about Rose, is she coming?"
"I asked her, but she said she would rather stay at school with her friends. She's never really been a party animal. And it makes it easier for me to lie to Albus, about the real reason he wasn't invited. As they are in the same year".

"I was thinking of putting a marquee up in the garden, to make more space" Charlie suggested.
"The weather isn't too bad, so that's probably a good idea. If there's enough room for it mind you, since our garden isn't the biggest here, remember" Jenny replied.
"I wasn't going to use the big one, that we use for weddings, I was only going to use the smaller one"
"That's O.K then"
"Well, I'd better get started"
"You start. I'll be there in a minute. I just need to have a rest for a moment. It's been a tiring week".
Charlie laughed and shook his head, as he got off the sofa. He kissed Jenny's head, before picking up his wand, and heading outside, to set up the garden.
Jenny smiled at her husband, and sighed loudly. Just as her Potter ring began to warm up.
She looked over to the door, knowing one thing.
Harry had just arrived.