Rebellious Nature

When Jenny woke up the next morning, she found herself lying on the floor in the living room, with a splitting headache. She looked up, and saw Charlie putting empty beer bottles into a black bin bag, in front of her.
"Wha- what happened?" She asked.
"You're awake" commented Charlie, turning to face her.
Jenny pushed herself up into a sitting position, and winced as her whole body seemed to ache.
"Why am I on the floor?"
"I tried to get you upstairs last night, but you wouldn't let me".
Jenny tried to remember what had happened the night before, but her brain was all fuzzy.
"Where is everyone?" She questioned.
"Well, Teddy and Sky are at the manor, they should've left earlier, but they wanted to say goodbye to you first. So they decided to wait for you to wake up... I took the kids back to the school this morning, and the other guests went home last night" answered Charlie.

"Merlins beard. What time is it?" Jenny questioned.
"It's just gone 12oclock" replied Charlie, placing the black bag on the floor.
"What happened to me? Why do I feel like sh*t?"
"You don't remember?"
"Not really"
"You challenged Fleur to a drinking competition"
"I did what!"
"Well, you were a bit tipsy, and you got into an argument with her. In the end, you started doing shots, and trying to out-do her, without throwing up"
"I'm a 54 year old woman, what the f*ck did I do that for?"
"I did try and stop you, but you started behaving very aggressively".

Jenny threw her hands in front of her mouth, and turned red.
"I did? Who saw me in that state? Please tell me Minerva had left by then?" She begged.
"Yes, McGonagall was one of the first to leave. Sky, Teddy, Victorie, and James weren't here then either, as they had gone to the Three Broomsticks, for some time away from their parents" answered Charlie.
"James can't drink, he's only in his third year"
"I don't think he had anything stronger than a butterbeer. The others were very responsible with their drinking as well"
"Christ! What made me decide to lose myself like that. I've been drunk before, but never like that. James- my brother James, didn't like it when I drank too much, with the Marauders. So I only ever had a handfull of butterbeers. And when I became an adult I drank a lot of wine. But I've never felt this bad before".

"I'm never going to be able to look at any of my family, in the face again" groaned Jenny, placing her head in her hands.
Charlie stepped forward, and took hold of her hands, forcing her to look him.
"It honestly wasn't as bad as you think. Harry found the whole thing rather funny" he admitted.
"I wish I could remember exactly what I did"
"You might be able to remember more, once your hangover has ended"
"I'm such an idiot"
"Everyone does something stupid, at some point in their lives"
"Did I say anything especially bad?"
"I'd rather not talk about it. Lets just forget about it, and move on"
"Oh God. That means I said something really bad. Please tell me what it was"
"It was nothing. There wasn't one thing in particular. You just said some funny things now and again".

"I think I'm going to be sick" mumbled Jenny.
"I'll get you a bucket" Charlie replied, as he stood up and left the room. Leaving Jenny alone, feeling like an idiot.
She massaged her forehead with her fingers, attempting to get rid of the headache, that was trying to split her head in two.
Charlie returned with a bucket, and a glass of water.
"Here. Drink this" he encouraged, passing Jenny the water.
She took the glass, and sipped the water slowly.
"Thanks... What was I arguing with Fleur about?" She quizzed.
"What do you think you were fighting about?"
"Her looks?"
"Yep, right first time"
"I've always been jealous of her beauty, so I guess the alcohol multiplied my anger, and caused me to confront her".

"Apart from my behaviour, was the party good? Did Sky enjoy herself?" Questioned Jenny.
Charlie nodded. "Yes. It was a great party. And Sky seemed to have a good time. I didn't see much of her, as she prefered to hang out with her cousins, instead of us".
"I guess we aren't cool any more".
Jenny finished the water, and placed it on the floor.
"How do you feel?" Asked Charlie.
"I've been better. But I'm sure I'll be fine later. You don't have to rush me off to St Mungos just because I drank too much, and ended up with a bad headache" replied Jenny.
"Well, if it is still bad tonight, then maybe we should go"
"No. I've seen enough of that place, to last a lifetime. I don't plan on going there, ever again. Especially not for something this minor. I just need to get some sleep".

"O.K. But before you go back to bed, you should say goodbye to Sky and Teddy, so that they can leave" advised Charlie.
"Oh God, I can't believe I've stopped them from leaving... I'm such a failure" moaned Jenny.
"It's fine. Sky and Teddy didn't mind waiting for you. They are going away for 3 months, it doesn't matter what time of day they leave"
"If you say so".
Charlie left Jenny, and made his way over to the fireplace, placing his head inside, and speaking his destination out loud.
Once he had spoken to Sky, at the Potter Manor, he removed his head from the fireplace, and came back to Jenny.
"She said they'll be here in a minute. Her and Teddy are just finishing eating lunch" explained Charlie.
"Maybe I should make myself look more presentable, before they arrive. I look terrible" suggested Jenny.

Charlie shook his head. "I don't think you've got that long. Besides, Sky's your daughter, she's seen you look worse".
Jenny raised an eyebrow. "I don't often look like this. I have a reputation to uphold you know".
"You don't look as bad as you think. Just give your hair a quick brush, and you'll be fine".
"Accio hairbrush" commanded Jenny, waving her wand.
A second later her hairbrush came flying into the room, heading for her hand.
She took the hairbrush and began to tidy up her messy hair.
"I think there's something in here... Did I throw up last night?" Questioned Jenny.
Charlie looked awkward, "A little bit. Yes".
"That just great" moaned Jenny, removing the clumps from her hair with her wand.
She raised her hand, allowing Charlie to take it, and help her to her feet.
Just in time, because a couple of seconds later, the fireplace lit up, and Sky stepped out, closely followed by Teddy.