A Little Piece Of Sky

Jenny decided not to speak to Charity straight away, as she thought that the girl was still getting over seeing her aunt in Boggart form.
She also knew that there was no rush, since there were still several more months before Charity would have to go back to her aunt.
Jenny was also very tired after spending all night staring at the Mirror of Erised, and she needed to rest her body as well as her mind. So that night after the days Herbology challenge, she went straight to bed.
By the end of the second week of tasks, Castelobruxo were winning the tournament as they had three points. But since Hogwarts had two points, they were not out of the running yet, and the students were still very hopeful that Hogwarts would come out on top.

Jenny however had more important things on her mind than Hogwarts' potential victory. One of which was the fact that her daughter had been away for a month, and Jenny was really starting to miss her.
"She is doing fine" reassured Charlie for the hundredth time.
"But her letter is so vague, she hardly says anything in it" admitted Jenny as she held the letter that Sky had just sent her, in her hands, while pacing back and forth in the living room.
"That's because her and Teddy are far too busy to be sitting down writing elaborate letters" replied Charlie.
"Yes, but busy doing what? She's barely mentioned the things that they're doing"
"Look, Teddy and Sky and sensible people. They're also fully grown adults now. They are too old to have to tell us everything that they're getting up to".

"What if she's not liking it? Or she gets in trouble? Or gets hurt?" Asked Jenny nervously.
"If she was in trouble she would tell us, or come back home. She's not a fool, and neither is Teddy" replied Charlie.
"I know. But I can't help but worry. They're off travelling Europe all by themselves"
"This isn't the first time they've left the country remember"
"Yes, but you were with them when they went to Romania. And Bill was with them when they visited Egypt, so they weren't by themselves"
"Me and Bill weren't with them the whole time"
"But you were nearby to help them if they needed it"
"The countries they're visiting now aren't that far away from us. We can always go over there if they need us to. Which they don't. So stop worrying about them".

"I can't just stop worrying about them. It's not a switch that I can turn on and off. Teddy is my Godson, and Sky is my only child... I thought I was never going to be a parent, so when we adopted her, I wanted to do everything in my power to keep her safe and happy" sighed Jenny as she placed Sky's letter onto the table and sat back down beside Charlie on the sofa.
"Me too. I'd already gotten over the fact that we were never having children, so when Sky came into our lives, I was over the moon with joy" admitted Charlie.
"It was one of the best days ever when we signed the paperwork, making her officially ours" agreed Jenny.
"Yes... I used to worry about her because she was an only child, as I was used to growing up with six siblings around me. But she had Teddy and all of her cousins to keep her company, so she was never alone"
"It's just a shame that she's so much older than them".

"Having a big age gap between siblings and cousins isn't always a bad thing. Think about the gap between Bill and Ginny" reminded Charlie.
"That's true, they do get along very well despite their different ages. There's also quite a big gap between Victorie and her brother Louie, but they still get on" sighed Jenny.
"Yes. I think Sky would've liked to have more cousins her own age, but she is happy with the ones that shes got. Of that I'm quite sure" replied Charlie.
"The Potters and Weasleys get on like a house on fire, just like they always have. We're one big, happy, intertwined family, thanks to me marrying you, and Harry marrying your sister Ginny"
"That's a little strange when you think about it"
"Which is why I try not to think too much into our family trees, if I'm being honest. We're all related and that's all that matters".

"Although I am worried about Sky, I'm happy that she's getting to explore the world, as that was something I never got to do, and neither did my brother. So I'm glad that Sky gets to" admitted Jenny.
"It's a shame that you never got to see much of the world" replied Charlie sympathetically.
"I was a sick child so I couldn't go anywhere, and there were a few wars going on at the time, so travelling was never something I ever really thought about"
"I understand... Despite growing up in such a close knit family, I didn't mind spreading my wings and leaving to find my own adventure somewhere far away"
"And Romania was certainly very far away"
"Well you go to where the dragons are. I wanted to follow my heart, and that's what I did. And I'm happy that my parents never tried to stop me from following my dreams".

"I don't want to stop Sky from doing anything. But I have to admit that I won't be happy if she decides to move to another country permenantly" revealed Jenny.
"I won't be happy about it either. But if it's what she wants then we will have to let her go" admitted Charlie.
"Well she hasn't decided to leave just yet. She's only travelling at the moment"
"I know, but when she does come back, she won't be staying. One day soon she will pack her bags for the last time, and find her own place to live"
"That day hasn't come yet"
"No, but the day is coming, and you will have to be ready for it"
"I don't think I'll ever be ready for the day when my little girl moves out"
"I know. I don't want to think about it either, but it will happen, one day".