- 17 Golden Maknae

[No tumblr gif]

Golden Maknae

It sounds like Jeongguk is apologizing and Namjoon looks even more concerned, feeling bad that Jeongguk has to elaborate it like that. That he sounds so broken for having to apologize of loving someone so much he couldn't hold back. And it's the purest form of love Namjoon witnessed. No matter what those photos might suggest - what sort of rendezvous the two young males were having - this was innocent. Innocent love that charmed Jeongguk. An angel without wings that took his breath away.

Before Namjoon can say anything more, the practice room door opens and Hoseok and Jimin are entering. Neither of them with their sports bags, which means they weren't intending on practice. Namjoon stands up and was about to say something, but Hoseok beats him to it.

"We came through the back door. We know what happened," Hoseok explains and once Namjoon raises an eyebrow, Jimin elaborates. "We were at Yoongi's. Taehyung called him and freaked out," he said.

Usually, Jeongguk would take the opportunity to tease Hoseok and Jimin about Yoongi, but now he was more concerned about the second sentence. "He freaked out?" He said and the three other in the room immediately looked at him.

"He was crying on the phone," Jimin sighs, rubbing his head, "Barely remembered to breathe. Can't even leave his apartment now."

Jeongguk found himself fuming and standing up before he can even think it through. As he was about to pass Hoseok, the choreographer pulled him back and petted his back in comfort. "Yoongi's with him, don't worry. He'll get better, don't make this scandal worse for him," he said and Namjoon says something in agreement. Jeongguk clenches his fists, but obeys, pulling back.

"Calm down, Alpha. Seokjin is probably with them now, they will be fine," Jimin assured.

Namjoon stops the sipping on his coffee with blinking eyes and the other three look at him, not understanding the look on his face. "So that's where the copies from my office disappeared," he muttered into the mug like he just discovered the secret to the universe.

"What is gonna happen now?" Hoseok dares to ask and Jimin elbows him to stay quiet in the moment.

Namjoon sighs, running his fingers through his silver hair. "I don't know what PD-nim will do. He can either deny or confirm that you two are dating and... it can go to hell either way, honestly."

"What do you mean?" Jeongguk asks, frowning now.

"If he says you two aren't dating and we shift the news to the one who took the pictures, accusing them of invading privacy and all of that, the nation might forgive you two and let you have your jobs back, letting the news sink."

Jeongguk frowns, hating to hear him refer to the general public as "nation," but he guesses it's pretty accurate since B.Boys are the golden duo of South Korea. In the end, he's right; it all goes down to how the public accepts this news. "But if he confirms we're dating?" He dared to ask.

Namjoon is silent for a moment and it looks like he regrets his words as soon as he speaks them. "It can go two ways. One, the two of you are ostracized, humiliated, thrown out of the entertainment industry and have to publically suffer for the rest of your lives," Namjoon says and Hoseok rolls his eyes at how bad Namjoon made that sound on purpose.

"And the other way is...?" Jeongguk says, pushing it on.

Namjoon bites the inside of his cheek like he refuses to speak, but then he sighs and obliges. "And two... the nation might end up accepting your love and you two become South Korea's new Golden Couple, but that's highly unlikely and-"

"I'll take my chances, thanks," Jeongguk grins as he grabs his jacket and runs out of the practice room before anyone can stop him.

Namjoon has this 'concerned father' look on once again, although this time it also looks like he's contemplating multiple life choices at the same time. Hoseok snickers at this and wiggles his eyebrows. "Quite literally the Golden Maknae, isn't he?" He says and even Jimin stares at him blankly.

Needless to say, Hoseok gets a shoe chucked on his head once again.