- 36 Hurt

[No Tumblr gif]

Hurt

T

aehyung didn’t anticipate this.

But he damn knew something was off when Jeongguk called for their date on Thursday to be in the middle of the day. And when he sat himself in Jeongguk’s car and noticed the two pairs of ice skaters in the back, he gaped in surprise at the younger male, who – not just did he say nothing – but he had the audacity to simply grin and drive off to a nearby skating rink that was just recently opened.

Taehyung is not a child, okay? But who can resist ice skating? “How’d you know I wanted to do this?” He exclaims in excitement, seeing the rink being half full and lots of parents with their children around, helping them skate and holding their hands. There were even a few couples, kissing and doing other affectionate things as they either stand by the rink or just skate around. It all seemed so positive and happy.

“You were ranting about some Viktor Nikiforov last night and I did a bit of research,” Jeongguk answers to his question, getting the skates from the back seats and handing the white pair to Taehyung and kept the black ones to himself. They put them on with a little difficulty, but they were soon in the rink.

Taehyung felt one with the ice – at first, he was hesitant and lacked coordination, having him feel like he will fall over any time now, but after a few slips and a few almost-falls, he managed to learn to keep his balance and freely skate around. “Jeonggukkie, join me!” He called and looked to the outskirts of the rink, seeing Jeongguk still holding onto the railing.

With an amused grin, Taehyung skates over to him. “Ne, did we just find something our Golden Maknae isn’t so good at?” He teases and it sounded like a challenge, so Jeongguk narrows his eyes and immediately stops gripping on the railing and tries to take a step.

Much to his misfortune, he immediately slip and fell backwards, although his hands landed on the ice before his butt could, so he held himself up partially. Taehyung couldn’t help but laugh behind the black face mask he had to wear (after all, they couldn’t just be recognized in public). He helps Jeongguk up and holds his hands as he tries to make Jeongguk stay balanced.

“Oh…” Jeongguk mutters in realization as he finally stands still, but he still doesn’t let go of Taehyung’s hands. Not because he still needs support, but because their hands fit so good together. Taehyung giggled softly and tugs him along. “Come on, let’s skate around!” He said.

And skate around they did – they stumbled a few times, they knocked into strangers and apologized a few times and they had to grip the railings a few times. But they were happy and they determined to learn as much on the ice as they could. Eventually, Jeongguk could pick up Taehyung and twirl him in a circle on his skates. Jeongguk in general was stronger and he could effortlessly pick up the older male any day, but he was a fast learner and Taehyung trusted him.

“We should compete in couple figure skating,” Taehyung grins, “Fuck being an idol and being an MC, this is so much better.”

Maybe it’s the freedom that made it seem better? The lack of pressure and so much imagination, perhaps?

“Tae, most competitive figure skaters do ballet, I don’t think we’re qualified.”

“Then let’s get Jimin to do it! He can compete with Yoongi-hyung!”

“And have Yoongi-hyung break his old bones? Isn’t Hoseok-hyung a better idea?”

“Oh my gosh, he’d be too dramatic. Like JJ.”