- 31 B.Boys

B

B.Boys

It becomes a haste whenever a comeback is just around the corner.

Well, not only is Namjoon too calm this time around, but it has been so many months since the B.Boys have officially performed as a duo they were formed to be, it kind of feels like their debut all over again. Jimin goes ginger this comeback and Jeongguk stuck to the simple black that so many fans seem to like the most on him. Sure, this is just a mini-album, but Jeongguk is aware that Namjoon is hiding the fact that Bang Sihyuk and Min Yoongi are planning a full studio album once summer rolls around.

And contrast to much belief, Jeongguk loves being an idol. Actually – he loves performing. Having people cheer on for his talent and praise him, even having fans idolize him, is just an amazing plus to this life experience. Sure, some things were fairly difficult – practice tends to bring lack of sleep, pressure to make it perfect and not make mistakes, then also the beauty standards people like to compare them to; all of that gets fairly tiring, even after four years after debut.

Since he debuted at sixteen years of age, Jeongguk didn’t experience much pressure because expectations weren’t that high – he was young, after all. However, Jeongguk set the tone and standard for any trainee that was to debut as a young idol after him – he simply set the bar too high. From rapping, over singing, to dancing, Jeongguk was dubbed a “Golden Maknae” for a reason, a title he still holds today, despite him and Jimin becoming some sort of veterans in the industry.

So one day, the B.Boys were practicing the choreography to their title track “Blast” and Hoseok really outdid himself with this one – it was rather impressive, but too hard at some points. Although, Jeongguk believed anything can be learned with enough practice.

Jimin called for a quick break and reached for his water bottle. Jeongguk knew that Jimin was more tired because he didn’t eat as much – from trainee days, the ginger male had this trouble of lack of appetite whenever he’s too stressed, so he tended to avoid food and just practice too hard. Ever since a few of his fainting episodes, Jeongguk kept an eye on him. Thankfully, the habit disappeared over time, but it tends to show some stressful days like these – especially because they hadn’t had a comeback in a while.

“How’re you and Tae doing?” Jimin had asked that day as he was still panting and Jeongguk raises an eyebrow, confused by his words.

“Good. Why?” He had said.

“Well… are you guys a real couple or…”