- 20 Time For Me

[No Tumblr Gif]

Time for Me

Jeongguk just sits there and stares at him, making Taehyung think he might’ve even missed half of what he said. Their coffee had gone cold at this point and the practice room is colder and stiffer in the air. Once again, it’s like he’s peeling off layers and layers of Taehyung, taking him apart piece by piece, but not like he did last night. No, this time, it’s even more personal. Like Jeongguk is just staring into his soul right now.

“I don’t want to pretend,” Jeongguk eventually says. The blonde’s breath hitches and he nods.

“O-Okay, then–”

“I don’t need to pretend, either,” Jeongguk says, leaning back into his chair. “I don’t need to pretend to like kissing you or holding your hand. I like doing it as it is. And I don’t need to lie to anyone. I’ll be honest when they ask me when I fell in love with you, because I know when it happened. When it comes to the lying and pretending– I’ll leave that to you.”

And ouch, once again.

Taehyung doesn’t know why’s he’s suddenly overwhelmed. He doesn’t know how to feel about hearing that from Jeongguk. The blond knows him, okay? Ever since he was fifteen, in fact. And he knows Jeongguk can tend to overreact to the simplest of things and get jealous or irritated for the mildest of reasons, but this… this doesn’t feel that way.

No, this is when Jeongguk is really irritated; really angry in fact. And it’s scarier than Taehyung would like to admit. He turns cold and that is not the Jeongguk Taehyung is used to. The idol is more than whatever feisty image he puts on stage – Jeongguk is a baby, a talented individual with a good sense of humor and great taste in things that bring people joy (memes). That’s how Taehyung remembers him, not… not like this.

Can he even fix this?

“C-Can you… ah– can you give me time?” Taehyung chokes out and Jeongguk raises an eyebrow, arms crossed.

“Time for what?” He asks and this time, Taehyung doesn’t hesitate either.

“Time for me to fall in love with you,” he says and he’s smiling, even if his eyes are teary.

Does he really need it, though?