[ 4 ]

"You fucking dummy!"

"I'm not the dummy if I can't understand it!"

"It's not that complicated, Lewis!" Daniel shouted at the man who was busy writing, serving as a shield. He was frustrated and angry that his idiotic friend who claimed to be 'socially intelligent' could not even grasp a simple word; jealousy.

"Reiterate your first meeting." Daniel demanded, his grey eyes flashing with annoyance. Lewis sighed and started telling him about their meeting.

"See! You left saying 'I need to attend to my daughter' — which is very pompous, seriously, who speaks like that? — and when he saw you with Sam and Rose yesterday, he thought she was your wife!"

Lewis typed furiously, only looking at the screen and refusing to make eye contact. "Why did he change his behavior and what's there to be jealous or guilty of?"

The simple question made the blond livid. He stood up and advanced towards Lewis, who was buried underneath blankets.

"He flirted with you the first time, didn't he?"

"Yes?" The answer came out like a question, and Daniel grit his teeth.

"He probably likes you and when you left the cafe, he thought you were married or divorced. When he saw you with Sam, he thought you were married and felt jealous because he probably likes you. He felt guilty because he thought he was flirting with a married man."

Lewis made an 'o' face and retreated into the cozy blankets. Daniel huffed and sat down on the soft armchair, taking a furious sip of cold tea. "You are a fucking dummy,"

"How was I supposed to know he liked me?!" Lewis whined and Daniel sighed for the thousandth time. His patience was wearing off, leaving only the desire to strangle something, or rather, someone.

"The signs are pretty clear."

"I'm not even gay," Lewis muttered, emerging from the mess of blankets.

"Bisexual." Daniel whispered but Lewis did not hear him.

"Should I tell him?" Lewis asked after a minute of silence.

"Tell him what?" Daniel lifted his pale eyebrows, shuffling through magazines about architecture. There was a weird pile of magazines with unrelated topics, ranging from food to fashion to science to music.

"That I'm not interested in him," Daniel thought about the pros and cons about the confession. Lewis didn't even know Narco and if he would spend some time with Narco, he'd grow some liking for the flirtatious man. Daniel was sure of it, if the track record of passionate, flirty women and a singular man was anything to go by.

"You don't know him yet. Wait till a few months and see how that plays out." He advised and went back to sipping his tea. Lewis meekly nodded and typed away. His phone rang. Daniel raised an eyebrow at the silent man.

"Hello?" He asked, and Daniel chuckled, already knowing who was on the other side.

"Yeah. Meet you at two." The black-haired man nodded his head and ended the call, keeping it next to his laptop.

"Look at you smiling at the phone. Yet you say you don't like him." Daniel remarked with a chuckle, exiting the room with an empty mug before the writer could throw a nearby newspaper at him.