[ 13 ]

The doorbell rang and Lewis rushed downstairs.

"Hey!" Narco cheerfully said when the door opened.

"Come in," Lewis said, moving aside. Narco swung the grocery bag as he entered the house, smiling. "Rose, your chocolate pudding is here!" He called.

Rose burst out of her room and came down the stairs like a lightning bolt. She stared confusedly at him when she saw Narco with the bag. Narco quickly took the pudding out and offered it to her. She shied away and hid behind her father.

"Trust issues," Lewis muttered and took the pudding from Narco's hand. He turned around, showed her the pudding and muttered sweet words, reassuring her that it was safe to eat.

Rose silently nodded after a while and slowly reached out to grab the pudding. She gave a guarded smile to Narco.

"Now, finish your homework." Lewis said, ruffling her hair before she ran to her room, carrying two chocolate puddings and a spoon. "I'll make you some coffee," He muttered and went to the kitchen.

Narco followed, sensing something was wrong. He sat on the kitchen counter as Lewis worked, observing every move he made. It was captivating, he couldn't help staring and observing tense muscles that relaxed as Lewis worked.

"What's wrong?" Narco asked, knowing the energetic and happy man was acting weird. It concerned him.

"Nothing," Lewis said, grabbing a cup and putting it under the coffee machine. He was tense again.

Narco accepted the hot cup of coffee and thanked Lewis. He jumped off the counter and went to the living room. Lewis followed suit and sat besides him.

"Tell me," Narco softly asked, looking into the deep brown eyes.

"Really, it's nothing! How is the deal holding up?" Lewis desperately tried to change the subject. There was panic in his voice, one that echoed within Narco.

"Looks promising. He'll come tonight at the gallery to see it and seal the deal. Jack said I have to go with him and 'wear a suit and tie'." Narco rolled his eyes as he leaned into the couch. "Also, I'm having a party on Tuesday for the deal, and you are going to help me." Narco added, taking a sip of the coffee.

"Okay," Lewis vacantly said, lost in his own world.

Narco's eyebrows knitted, lips turning down. He set the cup on the wooden table and looked straight into Lewis' eyes. Lewis eyed the cup shrewdly.

"Tell me what's wrong." Narco gently demanded, holding Lewis' pale face in his hands. He could see the defiance, hesitance, and finally resignation.

"I... I have to tell my parents, y'know? And the lunch is tomorrow. I— I can't—" Lewis had to stop the tears in his eyes. He wasn't a crybaby and he didn't want to be perceived as one. He bit his tongue. The lump in his throat prevented him from speaking anymore.

Narco moved closer, opening his arms for a comforting bear hug.

"Hush, it's okay. You don't need their confirmation to live your life. Besides, I love you and nothing will ever change that." Narco whispered, rubbing Lewis' back and running his fingers through Lewis' hair.

"I know," Lewis choked out, looking up with teary eyes. His body shook as he exhaled and rolled up in a ball. "But I want to. They're my parents — they are important to me even if they don't like me. I'm a glutton—" He stopped, eyes widening in panic and fear. Too far, back up. Back the fuck up. His mind screeched, and he halted his words.

Narco lifted Lewis's chin so Lewis could see his face. He leaned in, leaving a small gap between their lips for a tease. He softly pecked Lewis after a moment and smiled with satisfaction.

"I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you." Narco repeatedly said and pecked Lewis between every sentence.

Lewis giggled and tried to move away from the clingy man. "Stop!" Lewis grinned and put his hands in front of him to stop Narco from coming forward.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" Narco asked, looking at the giggling and beaming man in his arms.

"Sure," Lewis nonchalantly replied, playing with Narco's fingers. Narco smiled and showered Lewis with kisses.

They both sat on the couch, tangled in each other's arms. Rhythmic breathing patterns and playing with each other's fingers and hair.

"I have to go," Narco said, sighing and leaning away from Lewis. Lewis whined and pulled on his hand.

"Oh, come on! It's unfair that you have the advantage of cuteness!" Narco complained and leaned his face towards Lewis, kissing him deeply and pecking his forehead afterwards.

Narco untangled himself and stood up. He grabbed his phone and walked to the door, making Lewis follow reluctantly.

"Bye," Narco sang as he opened the door and stepped outside.

"See you, boyfriend,"

Narco beamed and hugged him. He grinned as Narco went to his car.

Lewis closed the door with a sigh. It took him a long time to realize what Narco had done. Distractions worked wonders, and he had been foolish enough to enjoy it. He sighed with gratification as he sat on the couch and opened his laptop, working on his book.

Little did the two know, Rose had heard everything and managed to peek at the two that had spent their time on the couch.

He couldn't sleep properly because of nerves about the next day's lunch. How he was going to deal with his parents who would definitely make a scene in public was beyond him. How he was going to deal with the numerous stares and his anxiety.